Performs moderate to complex tasks that assist/support in the design, development, modification, implementation and evaluation of manufacturing systems and components. Designs and develops manufacturing processes that will be implemented in Panasonic factories globally.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Reviews designs for mechanical fixtures and assembly aids as needed.
- Confers with Program Teams and factories to prepare and document process design.
- Coordinates with other departments including software engineering, systems engineering, quality, purchasing, manufacturing etc. to support development of manufacturing systems and components.
- Uses readily available software (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, NX, Visio, etc.) to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Prepares information as needed in the design documentation process.
- Directs and coordinates implementation of manufacturing improvements (quality, cost reduction or other).
- Plans, develops and participates in experimentation and tests related to process development.
- Participates in development of design process procedures.
- May be responsible for reporting budget requirements related to design or process development.
- Works on assignments where review of processes will be based on a variety of factors.
- Provides assistance and technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Prepares records, charts, graphs and other statistical information.
- Initiates, recommends, and provides solutions through.
- Four-year college degree in Science; Technology; Electrical Engineering; or related field required or a minimum of eight (8) years manufacturing process experience required
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in manufacturing process design to include:
- Developing, troubleshooting, and improving production processes.
- Designing manufacturing processes to incorporate industry best practices.
- Directing and coordinating implementation of manufacturing improvements (quality, cost reduction or other).
- Specific experience in an electronics-manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with MES (manufacturing execution system) required.
- SAP/ERP experience required
- Proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.