Panasonic Sr. Organizational Development Specialist
The Senior Organizational Development Specialist’s primary focus is to be a resource for employees and leaders in the areas of organizational/leadership development, talent management, and learning and provide the tools needed to continuously improve employee performance, retention, and engagement.
The primary responsibility of this position includes the design, development, and delivery of leadership development programs; new employee/leader on-boarding and mentoring; development and delivery of employee development programs; facilitation of career/leadership assessments and delivery of appropriate coaching; and the design and delivery of talent management & performance management lifecycle initiatives.
- Designs, implements, and facilitates leadership, organizational development, and talent/performance lifecycle initiatives and programs based on strategic objectives and/or department needs.
- Develops and implements programs to improve retention, employee engagement, and employee performance.
- Coaches individuals, leaders, and teams using various coaching models and assessments.
- Facilitates and maintains various onboarding & employee development initiatives.
- Works with others in the development and implementation of programs, policies, processes, and activities to support growth and development of talent.
- Partners with HR Business Partners to ensure programs and practices are aligned with organizational strategies and customer needs.
- Supports growth & change initiatives.
- Provides input on process improvement opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, Human Resources or Business Administration, or a related field from a four-year College or University
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in organizational development, leadership development, training, facilitation, instructional design, and Human Resources required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and word.
- Is able to communicate clearly and effectively in front of large audiences.
- Has effective planning, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results.
- Is a self-starter who works well independently and an outstanding ability to follow up with minimal direction by seeking answers and a focus on team success.
- Has the ability to make appropriate decisions when confronted with obstacles, think about them before acting, and consistently resolve issues in creative and effective ways.
- Possesses a strong work ethic with a “get the job done” approach and consistently delivers excellent customer service, both internally and externally.
- Is intuitive, adaptable, and creative, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Is collaborative in nature with strong team building skills and willing to learn from and accept guidance from others.
- Must have college-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
- If you have leadership development, training, facilitation and instructional design we would be excited!
- This position is located in Sparks Nevada
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud or other authoring tools.
- Adult Learning
- Instructional Design
- Behavioral Assessments
- Coaching Certifications
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.