Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit www.parkplaceirvine.com
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
Senior Network Architect who will be an integral part our global communication service provider network engineering team. This team provides Architecture, Design and Technical support for Panasonic in flight communication growth at a large scale and is the IP foundation for our next generation satellite multimedia communication service. The SME in the comprehensive network knowledge domains.
Provide documentation as it relates to architecture plan, roadmap, design, evaluation and test plan, and configuration standards. Excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of the network.
- Develop and leadership of appropriate architecture solutions and enhancements for planned system deployments and improvements.
- Research and evaluate emerging technology and recommend roadmap and long-term technical strategy.
- Independently research and as part of architectural team, develop and evaluate network solutions for routers, switches, firewalls, load balance, DNS, NFV, cloud networking, network management and monitoring, Network Tools, QoS, Multicast, IPv6.
- Define components of complete system and (end-to-end) testing requirements as they apply to network solutions.
- Work with cross functional architecture team in optimizing end to end solution.
- Work with team to maintain occasional written and in-person communications with organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities
- Conduct case studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions
- Provide advanced multi-disciplinary knowledge, skills and experience in technical architecture and design.
- Align with Principal architect/engineer vision and roadmap, independently create network design
- Lead ground network design efforts on technical solutions for complex projects, integrating multiple technologies and with broad, strategic impact across multiple business and technology areas.
- Provides analysis of network performance, network reliability and identify opportunity for improvement. Drive out inefficiencies, proposes and designs ground network system to drive cost savings in airline customer facing network systems.
Network Evaluation & Test
- Review, Develop and execute test plans to evaluate infrastructure and network technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendation for improvement.
- Review, create network unit and integration test plan.
- Create architecture research plan and report.
- Review, create design document.
- Review, create configuration standard document.
- Review, create test plan & report document.
- Participation in business continuation activities.
- Lead complicated incident troubleshooting.
- Leverage experience to provide mentoring to other members of technical team where necessary.
- Provide technical guidance and training to the implementation & support team members to ensure overall design consistency.
- Tier-3 support to operation team including On-Call.
The salary range of $128,000 - $215,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location.
What We’re Looking For:
- 8 years of experience in IP network design and implementation as applied to complex network systems
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related field. Or equivalent experience with certifications.
- JNCIE, CCIE level of network engineering or operation knowledge and experience
- Knowledge and hands-on experience on core network, BGP, OSPF, QoS, MPLS and MPLS VPN
- Knowledge and hands-on experience on TCP/IP, all layers of OSI model, QOS
- Knowledge and hands-on experience on Juniper MX, QFX, SRX, Cisco ASR1K, Nexus9K, ASA/Firepower
- Work in a network environment include multiple vendors, includes but not limit to Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto and F5 (includes iRule).
- Desired Experience with cloud network experience, such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, OPC, etc.
- Have knowledge and working experience in DNS, TACAC+, Radius, Access control, Content filter
- Desired experience on network system automation and orchestration
- Experience with design and implementation of site-to-site VPN
- Unix/Linux system administrator or engineering experience
- Knowledge and experience of Python, or other script languages a plus
- Some Experience in IT security, DDoS mitigation and auditing a plus
- Documentation skills that can clearly articulate technical designs, issues and constraints, procedures, and network assessments
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Strong problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of network
- Self-motivated, Self-Reliant, Self-Starting, Go-Getter, Attitude of ownership, and A strong desire to learn
- Works well in an engineering environment that requires communication and collaboration with fellow team members, and cross function teams
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspect of leading our industry is the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive, and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company-paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse, and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term Disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third-party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third-party customers, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.