Sr. Manager, Software Engineering
Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value: As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join: A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOU TO DO IN THIS CRITICAL ROLE:
We are seeking a motivated and progressive Senior Development Manager for our System Services and Platform Development teams in our Software Engineering Organization, who would join our dynamic group in the research, design and development of embedded software systems for state of the art In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity systems. You would be a critical team leader in our new Platform Architecture initiative, developing modular system services that will run on an aircraft, as well as through various data pipes to ground data centers and AWS to provide a seamless, multi-directional transport of data, messages and events from anywhere in the world where our systems operate. You will lead your teams through our Agile Transformation and drive strategic initiatives to gain efficiencies and deliver software quality while building high performance teams. You will be a leader of change and find opportunities to coach and mentor your team members and develop our future leaders. This will require a highly adaptable individual that is comfortable with multiple technology stacks and operating environments. This role will work closely with the architecture team as new services are designed and developed, and leverage test automation to ensure services are easily verifiable. This leader will need to ensure proper software architecture and design. It will also require collaboration with Product Teams, System Engineers, and Solution Engineers and other stake holders.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE:
- Lead teams through our Agile Transformation
- Develop high performance teams through mentoring, talent assessment, innovation, and creative teamwork
- Define KPIs and performance metrics and lead continuous improvement efforts
- Analyze leading edge technologies and trends, ensure software engineering best practices, drive quality and efficiencies, create and lead strategic initiatives
- Help foster and drive a collaborative team environment and culture
- Provide technical leadership and vision to build best in class software products with a passionate focus on our customers
- Instill team pride and ownership of our software product deliverables
- Evangelize the adoption of services to our global development teams
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Experienced and highly knowledgeable in Software Architecture and Design with strong technical understanding of lower level software stacks for embedded Linux systems. C/C++ expert
- Highly experienced with determining scope, approach, design and architecture, and schedules leading to software quality and on-time deliveries
- Experience with Agile Framework with a clear understanding of Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Ceremonies and other roles and concepts
- Expertise in Software development processes for entire life cycle including leading industry practices for methodologies and tools such as test-driven development, unit testing, continuous integration (CI/CD), test automation
- Ability to lead and communicate effectively and to work collaboratively with cross-functional organizations and teams
- Experienced with directing and coordinating engineers in developing technical solutions
- Able to inspire and motivate teams, and to provide vision and strategy
- Problem solving/critical thinking skills enabling key decision-making abilities that leads to high quality and timely completion of multiple, complex projects
- Knowledge and experience with newer technologies such as AWS (or other cloud technologies) Android OS
- BS. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 12 years of related work experience in software development and engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software engineering management and project leadership with team sizes greater than 10
- Minimum 1 year experience working in an Agile environment