Panasonic – Sr. Manager, Sales and Business Development (Mobility Solutions)
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Creates and promotes new business growth for software and services across existing and new potential customers focusing on new mobility and related companies. Manages customer accounts for assigned customers.
Tactical and Strategic Sales Objectives:
- Identifies opportunities in software and services that can be realized as legitimate business opportunities through the Panasonic Smart Mobility Office solutions & wider Panasonic portfolio.
- Manages assigned customer accounts providing the Panasonic interface to customer purchasing organization, invoicing, creating forecasts, and so on.
- Creates and executes sales strategies including final negotiation to expand business outside of traditional product areas focusing in software and services or other areas leveraging Panasonic Corporation technologies.
- Achieves objectives working through and across multiple functions such as management, product management, development and all other internal support functions.
- Works with other Panasonic companies’ sales teams (Cross Value) to establish and meet sales objectives, improve productivity, increase revenues and maximize profitability within the group/division.
- Contributes to the formulation and implementation of division/group policies and goals and executes through sales staff.
- Works closely with and influence various business divisions’ resources and product road-maps to maximize new business growth potential.
- Provides and plays an active hands-on coordination role of program management based on discussions with customers, Smart Mobility Office functions, and other teams within Panasonic.
- Communicates customer program timing requirements and completion of program milestones to management.
- Supports the product planning and market analysis team to ensure the market study, includes the market trend and competitor analysis; provides feedback to relevant Panasonic teams and utilizes market knowledge to influence potential developments for new business growth.
- Ensures the proper flow of market, commercial, engineering and customer information within and between the customer and Panasonic. Ensures appropriate program reviews including scheduling, setting agendas, developing and maintaining Open Issues list for regular program reviews.
- Develops and implements strategic and tactical business plans that will increase market share in a specific division or group.
- Integrates strategic and tactical plans across both business and technical teams for maximum impact to growing our market share.
- Maintains and creates mutually beneficial relationships with customer executives and staff.
- Identifies prospects for new business and probes customers to determine their business needs.
- Identifies potential opportunities for future products and services including providing customers with scope of opportunity.
- Understands customer expectations and how they are met, or missed, by our competition.
- Drives the processes to deliver and exceed customer’s expectations.
- Manages all aspects of the customer relationship for assigned accounts to ensure up to date sales forecasts, invoicing, on time delivery and any other concerns are met.
- Where appropriate when hardware is being acquired for a customer to provide an end-to-end solution enable the sale of services and software, identifies and establishes product and customer strategies and aligns internal resources to support strategies.
- Effectively/professionally works with all levels of factory and/or business division personnel to assure customer requirements are being met.
- Utilizes customer and auto industry trends, developments and standards to draw conclusions about new products, technologies or innovations that drive customer value and revenue/profit opportunity for Panasonic.
- Responsible to accurately develop and manage the quotation and pricing process with the customer. Leads and develops the pricing strategy based on value and competitive analysis. Clearly communicates this strategy within Panasonic and builds consensus for our strategy with the customer.
- Advises and directs request for quote (RFQ) strategy and process with factory and customer.
- Maintains minimum profit margin requirements.
- Monitors and takes appropriate action based on the division’s P/L statement.
- Guides and supports other Smart Mobility Office team members in areas of operational budget
- Manages the business appropriately to meet growth targets. Provides support across divisions to achieve relevant profitability targets.
Budget and Midterm Plan:
- Supports the development and implementation for the annual budget and divisional midterm plans. Monitors actual results versus plan for accuracy.
Reports and Presentations:
- Creates new product and service introductions, identifies prospects for new business, tailors presentations to customer needs, relating product to their business strategies.
- Conducts formal presentations to all customer levels including senior and executive management.
- Provides strong leadership/motivational skills to other team members.
Management of Staff:
As business grows, (This may apply):
- Manages and coaches account managers, senior account managers, and sales managers.
- Manages and establishes performance standards and reviews, discipline, incentive goals, employee training and development.
- Completes special assignments and reports, and present as directed by management.
- Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
- Initiates, recommends, and/or provides solutions through designated channels.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Oversees the Information Security Management (ISM) as part of the management of staff members, their work and workplace.
- Responsible for the management of information security as part of the normal management of the business. Must cooperate with the Company ISM Professionals in implementing the information security policies within the Company and ensures that information is handled in compliance with the Global ISM Related Regulations.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma and ten (10) years of related experience; or two (2) years of college or technical training in business, marketing, technology, software or engineering field and nine (9) years of related experience; or Bachelor's Degree in a related field and eight (8) years of related experience.
- Three (3) of the required years must be in software and services in automotive, avionics, mobility or a related industry.
- Supervisory or leadership experience desired.
- Automotive, avionics, mobility or related software or services industry experience.
- Must have a proven track record of developing new sales opportunities and closing negotiations.
- Expert understanding of customer and mobility industry trends, developments and standards.
- Knowledge of Panasonic cross domain sales teams preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Windows based databases appropriate to the position and assignment.
Experience in any of the following preferred:
- Device Lifecycle Management, Over the Air Software Updates, Deep / Machine Learning, Data Mining.
- Effectively facilitate cross-functional teams.
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- Ability to be flexible in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to build rapport and establish a high degree of trust at all organizational levels.
- Desire and ability to lead and influence others with opposing agendas.
- Ability to adapt behavior to fit the cultural elements of each situation and to various project requirements.
- Ability to assess, prioritize and manage multiple projects in a complex and demanding environment.
- Ability to lead projects independently and with other team members.
- Ability to interact effectively with others with diverse personalities, with tact, maturity, and flexibility and work effectively with a strong team orientation.
- Strong presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills in regard to complex problems or systems.
- Excellent organizational skills for multi-tasking.
- Ability to use methods appropriate to the position and assignment to solve problems and achieve accurate results.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and communicate related data, including analytical and advanced technical data.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate financial statements and profit and loss statements.
- Ability to foster professional excellence and promote collaboration and teamwork with others.
- Ability to delegate, drive, support, coach and lead.
- Highly organized and self-motivated with focus on results.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, displaying strong self-motivation.
- Ability to learn computer applications as necessary for the position.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow verbal and written instructions, work procedures and other related materials.
- Required to sit, stand, or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects or use controls, tools, or equipment.
- May require the ability to use a keyboard and other office equipment.
- May require specific vision abilities that includes close vision.
- May be required to perform concentrated work for extended periods of time.
- May be required to lift, carry, or exert items or objects of reasonable weight.
- May be required to perform duties beyond standard business hours.
- Must have the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- This above description covers the most significant key result areas but does not exclude the assignment of other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities.
As business grows, will need to possess:
- Ability to attract high caliber people; develops team; appraise strengths and weakness of team.
- Successfully complete any training or certification courses required to support or strengthen position.
- Excellent written, negotiation and oral communication capabilities, including major presentations to high-level internal and external contacts, is required.
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship building skills are essential.
- Ability to interface comfortably with all levels at the customer is a must.
- Japanese language skills considered positively.
- Must be affective in human resource management. Manages staff including supervision, counseling, mentoring, performance standards and review, discipline, training and employee development. Maintains and improves employee morale. Responsible for maintaining expenditures and budgets to the extent authorized and may have the responsibility of inventory, capital investments, or head count controls.
- Ability to travel as required of the position.
- Quality Procedures
- Review procedures, materials, software, services or processes to assure compliance to all specifications and standards.
- Comply with and enforce all procedures and work instructions.
- Respond to quality and work issues and take corrective action as appropriate.
- Has the organizational authority to identify and segregate, as necessary, suspect or non-conforming product or service and to notify the appropriate authority (manager, etc.) for instructions.
Safety and EPA Compliance:
- Maintains tools, equipment, and work areas in a neat and orderly manner and observes all work related safety practices and procedures.
- Will comply with all applicable Company safety policies, rules, and regulations.
- Must comply with all Federal, State, and local environmental laws and regulations and relevant company procedures and instructions related to the environmental management system and contribute to the achievement of the relevant environmental objectives and targets established by the Company.
- In addition, provides the leadership and resources for such activities as applicable.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.