- Establish and maintain proactive quality systems and processes in Panasonic’s battery manufacturing process.
- Manage engineers, inspectors, technicians, and specialists to improve battery cell performance, safety, and quality.
- Lead change by influencing cross-functional teams to drive improvement. Develop these skills within their team.
- Lead the Quality Ops team to provide support to the cell manufacturing process to resolve production issues on cell quality and defect reduction.
- Drive a Quality culture in all areas of the plant. Teach an attitude of support for production to driving corrective action, preventative and proactive systems and processes to drive success for the production team.
- Be a driving force in cross-functional ownership of Quality metrics including cost avoidance projects to reduce loss, optimize processes efficiency to decrease non-conformance and increase first pass yield.
- Lead failure investigation and corrective action for production, quality, and customer related failures, and facilitate customer quality & reliability interactions
- Oversee Panasonic’s change management process and driving cross-functional review, risk analysis, and preventative controls.
- Facilitate subordinates’ education and training.
- Monitor the team’s performance ensuring aligned KPIs to the organization’s strategic objectives and with all other functional groups while ensuring compliance to company policies.
- Leads Quality Engineering continuous improvement cost avoidance projects to reduce loss, optimize processes efficiency and decrease non-conformance.
- Develop and execute continuous improvement plans on standards, methods, metrics, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of our product and equipment
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor's degree (B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or similar) from a four-year College or university
- 5+ years Management experience is required.
- Extensive experience utilizing with quality management tools including control charts, FTA, FMEA, etc.
- Experience including quality control of batteries or within electronic devices, in high volume manufacturing.
- Collaborative nature with strong team building skills and willing to learn from and accept guidance from others.
- Extensive experience in continuous improvement and structure problem solving techniques and tools such as 8-D, fishbone, FTA, FMEA and other quality tools.
- Must be team oriented with attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Experience with laboratory analysis instruments including X-Ray, SEM, ICP, etc.
- Experience with ISO 9001 quality management system auditing.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Must have strong command of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude).
- Experience in Process engineering, Design engineering, Production management, Quality Engineering in a high-volume manufacturing environment such as but not limited to automotive, medical device, semi-conductor and battery manufacturing.
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Not Required
- Up to 35 lbs.: Not Required
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required