Panasonic – Sr. Manager, PMO
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Responsible for the program management of all customer facing and internal team projects for PSCNA including stakeholder and resource management. Ensures alignment with the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Manage portfolio of PSSNA customer facing and internal projects through coordination of Project Managers.
- Develop, implement and drive adoption of a common project management framework and competency.
- Establish a mechanism to track a set of metrics that demonstrate improved business outcomes, resulting from the adoption of a common framework/ competency.
- Communicate to Executive Management and project stakeholders regarding project status including prioritization, risks and mitigation plans to support decision making.
- Assign Project Managers to each project and manages resources to align with PSSNA strategic objectives and support best project outcomes.
- Engage in project initiating activities such as identifying stakeholders; identifying project management approach; defining roles and responsibilities.
- Manage project planning activities with Project Owners, Project Managers, Customer Team and PSSNA internal teams to define:
- Project Goals and Objectives and team to support
- Key Project Deliverables
- Risks and Risk Mitigation Plan
- Project Milestone Plan
- Develop detailed Project Plan including resource requirements for internal, 3rd party partners and customer resources.
- Establish and insure compliance to project reporting and monitoring standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Lead Project Team to assign responsibilities, manage to budget, manage deadlines, manage and resolve conflict, escalate issues as appropriate and deliver project on time.
Communications and Reporting Management:
- Manage stakeholder communications processes and escalations for all PSSNA projects.
- Drive communication and cultural change efforts to integrate program and project management elements into the broader PSSNA culture.
- Monitor portfolio of projects to address performance issues and resolve conflicts.
- Provide weekly portfolio summary reports to Executive Management.
- Educate PSSNA team and partners regarding Project Management processes.
- Liaison with PNA PMO team to insure PSSNA compliance to overall PNA PMO guidelines.
- Manage team of Project Managers.
- Negotiate, contract and oversee 3rd party partner relationships that support Project Management.
- Mentor and develop employees, provide career path guidance.
- Work across PSSNA teams to insure timely delivery of projects and promote business objectives.
- Scope and Competency Requirements
What You’ll Bring:
- Reports to Leader of Solutions Enablement Function.
- Manages Direct Reports as well as Partner relationships for contract Project Managers
- Manages PSSNA’s portfolio of projects, ranging from $250k to $10M in revenue per project annually.
- Oversees and manages cross functional project teams including internal staff, 3rd Party Partners, and Customer team members.
- Empowered to make decisions to control and maintain a positive project outcome.
Education & Experience:
- BS in Business, Information Systems, Finance (or similar field). MBA a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Program Management Professional (PgMP) Certification a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in Project Management, IT Management, Operations Management, or similar experience. Including 5 or more years managing direct reports.
- Excellent project management and process improvement skills.
- Proactive and effective problem-solving capabilities to handle potentially complex problems and resolve conflicts.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), persuasion, and negotiation skills to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel up to executive level both internally and within the customer organization.
- Experience with significant cultural, organizational, and business process change efforts.
- Financial Management Skills to support project budgets .
- Proficient in MS Office Products including Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio and Word.
- Travel requirement: 25%
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.