This position requires an experienced professional with a strong technical background and excellent communication skills who is comfortable communicating complex issues at all levels of the organization. Our ideal candidate exhibits a “roll up your sleeves” mentality and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to adapt quickly and deliver exceptional results while operating in a high-performance culture in high-volume manufacturing.
- Develop the Inventory strategy for PENA from Receiving Dock to Shipping. The strategy will include Inventory Analysis, Layout and Physical Inventory Roadmap, and Auditing the accurate counting of inventory management.
- This leader will have a team of 4 direct reports and several dotted line functional team members.
- Lead the KPI Management of inventory day and ensure accuracy of inventory taking.
- Create a team, and the relevant systems and processes for 4 key work areas (Inventory Analysis Lead, Inventory Improvement Lead, Inventory Audit Lead, Inventory Specialist (coach and teach cross functional dotted line team members).
- Set up WIP supermarkets (WIP control) and create an inventory pull system.
- Lead Inventory taking and report the financial side. Give authority to resume production.
- Create discrepancy reports and work on improvement
- Create a daily/weekly cycle count system and review. Work with the Engineering team on automation and digital transformation opportunities for inventory.
- Create a vision for world class inventory movement, and inventory control for expanding facilities.
- Set up a logical BOM discrepancy level and timeframe.
- Achieve monthly and quarterly inventory accuracy targets and make improvement opportunities.
- Strategic development of programs and projects, which involves determining targets, deliverables and timelines, developing a plan and managing to the plan, coordinating and leading meetings, preparing next steps and status reports; working with team members to resolve issues
- Lead and manage multiple, complex work streams within and/or across a Program(s) and collaborate with various departments in a non-repetitive role
- Strong organizational skills (planning, prioritizing) and communication skills (written, verbal, listening) are critical to this position, as is the ability to successfully adapt to diverse people and situations, manage conflict, proactively resolve issues, and complete assignments on time
- Expert understanding of Project Management methodologies and principles and possesses strong technical and analytical skills
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to support international program teams
- Demonstrate skills in negotiation and interact professionally with staff and management at every level
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- BS Degree in Engineering, Since, or closely related field
- MS or MBA preferred
- 7+ years senior level experience in large scale manufacturing operations within the supply chain and inventory field.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced customer focused 24/7 facility
- Experience in improving material movement through a facility from end to end
- High level of knowledge in Lean and Six Sigma (example, Lean sensei or black belt)
- Demonstrated qualification in inventory control or inventory management systems or equivalent
- Very strong experience in building high performing teams and leading diverse groups
- Demonstrated experience in leading without direct control
- Experience with creating and implementing a world class inventory control system
- Understanding of financial business acumen with relation to inventory data. Such as PL sheets, cashflow etc.
- Experience with SAP, MES systems that can track and analyze inventory.
- Fearless relationship leadership and conflict resolution skills, with a proven track record of positively improving a business or function collaborating, influencing and extensively coordinating with internal and external partners including Senior Leaders
- Extensive experience in program management skills, and process improvement in a high-volume manufacturing environment with proven ability to manage multiple demands successfully and within a matrixed organization
- History of driving teams to perform and deliver on demanding schedules
- Ability to lead multiple initiatives and manage through change
- Quick and creative learner
- Strong process orientation and analytical/problem solving skills
- Excellent strategic thinking, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Team player, comfortable to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, within a cross-border, remote team environment
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%), Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Occasional