Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Manage activities of two or more teams in the control, verification, and identification of software releases internally and for production release to the customer. Deliver solutions that will increase engagement of our customers through excellence in engineering, collaborating with hardware and other engineering departments. Oversee and guide the teams as they interface with System Test, Development Test, Software Engineering, Customer Engineering, and other internal and external on software configuration status and releases. Manage the teams that are responsible to organize, write, and publish operational, instructional, and maintenance documentation using established standards for format, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology. Lead reviews to validate technical data and ensure customer standards and requirements are achieved. Research, evaluate, and implement new software technologies, processes, and workflows for increase in productivity and quality. Ensure design consistency by using a combination of industry best practices and company standards. Interface with other disciplines and business units to establish a common infrastructure to promote concurrent engineering. Develop training schedules to keep personnel up-to-date with latest tools and technologies to further enhance job knowledge. Establish strong working relationships with 3rd party vendors to help meet the needs of the company. Stay abreast of new technologies in order to maintain competitive company position.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages development activities through direct reports exercising full supervision in terms of costs, scheduling, and staffing.
- Facilitates and coordinates development activities of multiple teams, including those in other groups.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operation(s) and may also have company-wide effect.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning other functional areas or company departments.
- Responsible for setting the strategic and tactical direction for the group and provides input to strategic decisions that affect the entire organization.
- Models and shapes desired behaviors to drive the organizational culture.
- Implement and drive the company’s vision forward to leverage continuous integration and test automation to meet the goals.
- Responsible for technical deliverables of the teams.
- Resolves issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Through assessment of intangible variables, identifies and evaluates fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for the teams.
- Participates and contributes to the plan for achieving the business strategies and company’s goals resulting in identification and implementation of solutions. Provides solutions that take into consideration cross-functional aspects.
- Selects and monitors vendor support for departments to ensure state-of-the-art applications and equipment
- Interfaces with other organizations to help establish common tools, workflows, best practices, and standards to promote concurrent engineering. Establishes proper interfaces for exchange of data between departments, business units, and vendors.
What we’re looking for:
- Expert knowledge of Software Configuration Management best practices.
- Position requires a thorough knowledge of commercial aviation documentation and guidance specifications (ie. DO178, AS9100)
- Must have strong technical knowledge for decision making and providing guidance on product and system level designs.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of functional area, business strategies, and the company’s goals.
- Must be able to provide advanced support and mentoring to staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively supervise others and to create an engaging environment for the teams.
- Ability to influence direction across multiple departments.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to work in a challenging fast-paced environment and a strong desire to learn.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while working under pressure.
- Strong sense of urgency and ownership. Must be hands on and self-motivated.
- Expert knowledge of HW/SW interfaces with proven record of working through unique challenges in close collaboration with production and delivery to bring innovative solutions to market.
- BS in Engineering or related field required.
- 3+ years of management experience, directly supervising and mentoring staff.
- 8+ years relevant professional experience with exposure to software lifecycle management.
- Must possess a solid background in relevant engineering discipline.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.