The Sr. Manager will support Software Engineering and be a primary point of contact with other PAC organizations for services required to support an integrated delivery process and tool integration. Lead/manage technical and support engineers to implement end-to-end process and automated technology solutions, resulting in robust, sustainable, integrated delivery processes. These are expected to drive improvements in Quality, Reliability, Process Capability and Cost.
Sr. Manager will interact with cross-functional teams to lead the development and implementation of a portfolio of advanced tools and services. Key elements of this role include the development of innovative tools and processes required to efficiently deliver customer solutions and defined software products. Utilization of existing tools and process with a heavy emphasis on Cloud enablement and implementation of industry best practices.
- You will provide leadership in the Software Engineering Process and Automation strategy and software delivery. Direct internal and external engineering resources toward practical technical developments such as test automation, and implementation/modification of tools to support the delivery processes. Develop a talent development and succession planning in alignment with functional growth strategies.
- Identify, source, and evaluate new technology applications to support capable and appropriate automation processes.
- Formulate operational requirement specifications in collaboration with cross-functional teams across multiple PAC organizations.
- Plan and direct strategic activities including prioritization of projects as they align with department and corporate strategy.
- Lead in identifying risk, developing complex mitigation strategies, best practices, alternative solutions, resolving issues, etc. in collaboration with cross functional and/or matrix teams. Ensure teams select, scale-up, and implement robust processes while maintaining compliance to comprehensive industry standards.
- Prepare POCs, supporting data, and presentation materials to facilitate strategic decision making and approval of new technology strategies with cross functional PAC organizations and senior management. Anticipates financial needs, quantifies budget to support project planning, and manages budget per forecast and schedules.
- Align resources to work in an agile environment to support continuous process and technical improvements.
- Participate in the architecture and technology choices that enable world-class delivery capabilities.
- Strong understanding of Cloud based services and delivery capabilities.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering; Master’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Management, Technology and/or Business Administration preferred. Equivalent experience required and can be used to offset educational requirements.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in designing and implementing technical solutions and processes, as well as significant experience in managing associated technical engineering functions is required.
- Proven ability to evaluate processes and automation technologies, and develop a strategy for application of these systems that adds high value to the business.
- Must have demonstrated, technically sound, engineering leadership background and proven successes in designing and implementing automation and process portfolios in a regulated industry.
- Proven success in influencing management strategic decisions to invest in both new and proven technology platforms.
- Knowledge of financial budgeting and acumen to evaluate the ROI of various new technologies and make financial and technical portfolio-based recommendations to the business.
- Proven track record of successfully leading, developing, and mentoring highly educated, skilled engineering teams.