Manages staff, product, budget, & process activities of the engineering design teams, focusing on the management of the Electrical intensive project/programs.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Leads and supports redesign activities for the Electrical Engineering disciplines to identify and realign all aspects of work flow, procedures, structures and systems to integrate people with core processes, technology and systems.
- Leads strategies to develop internal talent while balancing that effort with external hiring; targets challenging developmental assignments that build individual confidence and organizational capability.
- Accountable for the quality of talent in the business unit - both internally and the quality of external hires.
- Clearly defines and communicates performance expectations to the individuals within the project/program. Specifically, ensure that the groups strategic and operational goals are clear to all and that individual accountabilities and objectives are aligned to support achieving overall project/program goals.
- Ensures that all individuals within the group are equipped with the knowledge and skills to support higher levels of performance and ongoing development of their skills. This includes the management of underperformers.
- Identifies high-potential talent within project/program and follow through with additional developmental plans.
- Identifies employee relations issues and develop action plans that address the root cause through training/coaching/policy clarifications.
- Promotes Domain expert’s engagement with Project Engineers through the use of visible work management principles.
- Drives Electrical Engineering (EE) peer reviews process improvements including but not limited to ensuring timeliness, engagement, and follow up.
- Develops new programs and processes and improves existing design verification tools such as Radio Tuner, SXM, Audio Performance, EMC, Thermal, etc.
- Understands, communicates, and ensures compliance for the PDP(Product Development Process)/ PLS (Program Launch System) and aligns with company Strategy & Goals.
- Develops project level engineering resource plans to meet the development requirements of the product in the form of work breakdown structure resource planning tools.
- Manages the project level HW/SW/SE/DVT product development / group level design dependencies between departments to meet the product specification requirements as defined in customer specifications, government regulations, & internal design standards documentation.
- Manages group level activities in analyzing key product indicator data & trends to improve the product quality & development process.
- Develops continuous improvement programs to improve quality cost and delivery as related to Team Center Date Management, Manufacturability and PCB (Power Circuit Board) cost.
- Within overall budget, makes adjustments as needed to execute projects/responsibilities as required.
- Identifies and implements savings across all projects, relative to overall budget.
- Manages sub-contractor expense across all projects.
- Manages Overhead expense across all projects.
- Manages and plans for Direct Labor Headcount for all projects, in coordination with sub-contractors and WBS. Develops and presents case for each new headcount.
- Manages Fixed Assets, across all projects. Creates and Presents Return on Investment justification.
- Four-year college degree in Software, Electrical, Computer Engineering or related degree required. Master’s Degree preferred
- Eight (8) years of direct engineering design related experience in automotive or electronics industry
- Five (5) years direct experience interfacing and managing external customers.
- Three (3) years of demonstrated budget and talent management experiences, preferably leading engineering project teams.
- Three (3) years of proven innovation experience.
- Proficiency with making technical presentations to all levels – from technical team to senior management both internally and to customers at OEM’s.
- Proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.