Panasonic – Sr. Manager, Business Transformation
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Required
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
This position is responsible for driving Lean/Six Sigma strategic improvements and innovative change throughout the Panasonic North America region. This position partners with business and operations leaders to define and prioritize opportunities in support of business priorities as well as lead major initiatives related to design and implementation of innovative process and technology changes within PNA.
- Create strategy for corporate wide cost and time takeout program
- Lead project identification, vetting and prioritization for various organization and functional areas
- Lead workshops and Kaizen events with cross functional teams to identify process “wastes”, structural inefficiencies and process improvement opportunities
- Leads a portfolio of Lean Six Sigma DMAIC projects and/or programs to deliver business results which may include cost reduction, cash flow improvement, revenue enhancement, defect reduction, end to end process transformation and execution of business strategies
- Identifies and manages project deliverables, project dependencies, project communication, and critical path identification for all assigned projects.
- Engages champions, process owners, team members and stakeholders across the company to deliver performance improvement using Lean Six Sigma tools, methods and concepts.
- Develop materials and provide updates key stakeholders including Corporate Headquarters, PNA Executive Team and others on project implementation status and results
North America Manufacturing Committee Lead:
- Coordinate activities for PNA’s Manufacturing committee to establish best practice sharing platform
- Determine and develop synergies among North America manufacturing sites (20 + Plants)
- Drive collaboration and opportunities among Manufacturing Teams
Training / Lean Expertise:
- Facilitate the use of Lean and Six Sigma tools throughout the organization
- Serve as in house “consultant” for process improvement processes and tools and for six sigma analysis
- Delivers training in both basic/advanced Lean and Six Sigma concepts.
- Supports the company’s LSS infrastructure through curriculum development, champion engagements, charter development, best practice diffusion, benchmarking, financial reporting and other duties to enable program success.
- Coaches and develops Green Belts (and other Belts) to execute Lean Six Sigma projects successfully, as they strive to attain certification.
- Drives a culture of customer focus, data-driven decision-making, ownership of processes and operational metrics and continuous improvement, formulating guidelines which promote leadership and collaboration.
- Provides leadership to Procure to Pay team and actively drive efficiency and effectiveness in Operational Procurement processes and activities
- Hires, develops, and coaches procure to pay team. Manages retention, compensation, performance management, resource scheduling and planning, capability and skill development, career development and succession planning.
- Establishes and creates department training and development programs
- Works with business partners to demonstrate value of improvement initiatives and ensures strong sponsorship and participation from cross-functional teams
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g. Supply Chain, Business, STEM) required.
- 5+ years of direct experience in a process improvement role, engaged in facilitating teams and delivering projects.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is required and PMP certification is preferred
- Evidence of completing DMAIC projects through a project management approach that includes planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
- Experience leading and creating high-performing teams and championing change.
- Experience leading or coaching projects within procurement organizations and other shared services functions (e.g., Logistics, Finance, IT, HR, etc.).
- Above average mathematical and analytical skills
- Experience using various software (project management, statistical and graphical analysis, value stream/process mapping, etc.)
- This position requires approximately 20-25% travel
- Strong technical background in Lean Six Sigma tools and applications;
- Strong technical understanding of Procurement best practices and S2P processes and enabling technologies
- The strategic, analytical and interpersonal skills to influence stakeholders and unlock barriers to value and the vision and implementation skills to institutionalize best in class processes, organization and systems.
- Experience as lead trainer including Black Belt curriculum as well as significant experience coaching Green Belts and/or Black Belts through the DMAIC phase gates, with emphasis on project chartering, data analysis, tool applications, piloting approaches and control plans.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.