Panasonic – Sr. Manager, Business Development
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Investigate and analyze new market trends and opportunities along with semiconductor makers to develop reference activities strategy. Communicates with the associated Panasonic organizations to propose and determine products and technology to execute the plan. The goal is preemptive marketing to increase potential TAM and facilitate future demand creation through working with semiconductor makers as business development partner.
Investigate and identify focus market:
- Investigate macro market information, technology trend, and competitor positioning to determine target business area and leading semiconductor partners.
- Estimate effective demand size, and time to market.
- Target markets include, but not limited to, data center, networking (wired and wireless), automotive.
Make proposal to the partners:
- Search and determines appropriate product or technology suited for semiconductor partners.
- Perform benchmarking against rival makers’ devices and competing technologies. Make proactive, value-making proposals to create end-market value for both Panasonic and the partners.
Partner relation management:
- Act as primary point of contact for selected semiconductor partners.
- Identify key business engineering contacts and coordinate appropriate meetings. Investigate organization and decision hierarchy of the partner.
Contribute to product and business development:
- With feedback or opinion from the partner, make request to factory to develop new and competitive product or technology to meet present and future market needs.
- Collaborate with account sales and overseas sales companies to facilitate the product promotion to end customers.
Business Development & Sales Leadership:
Manages a team of new business development managers and technical solutions engineers to develop efficient, effective and accurate KPI and reports in support of division(s) objectives and strategies. Lead, coach, train, inspire, and motivate assigned team to achieve business objectives.
Formulate reports and reference strategy:
- Create meeting minutes, periodical reports, and analytical assessment on market/technology trends.
- Assist formulating a reference strategic and create consistent tactical plan to contribute to Panasonic growth through the alignment with partners.
What You’ll Bring:
- Report to Group Manager of Reference Design Group
- 3 direct reports
Education & Experience:
- Four (4) year degree in engineering (preferred) and/or business/marketing.
- Eight (8) years technical marketing/new business development experience is required. Experiences in business related to NVIDIA/Xilinx is preferred.
- Strong analytical skill is required, including statistical modeling and trend analysis especially in IT infrastructure (data center, networking) and/or automotive electronics.
- Working knowledge of office 365, strong skill in Excel, PowerPoint and Word, and appropriate social networking services
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills are essential.
- Ability to drive vision and strategy to team by formulating effective plans.
- Ability to develop and motivate channel partners capable of delivering division objectives. Team Leadership and collaboration.
- Self-driven ability to contact new customers or partner to draw out information necessary for new business development
- Passion and tenacity for new business creation is required
- Strong written, negotiation, and oral communication capabilities, including major presentations to high-level internal/external contacts, are required. International communication skills to contact overseas affiliates are indispensable
- Aggressive communication attitude with other Panasonic organizations globally
- 30% travel required. Occasional International Travel required.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.