Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Internal IT Audit, the Sr. Internal IT Auditor assists in planning and execution of high-quality Information Technology Internal Audits (including, but not limited to, supporting/performing audit and advisory projects such as computer operations, user access, change management/system implementations/upgrades, information security, data privacy, cloud computing, JSOX, and external audit assistance as well as supporting IT aspects of financial, compliance, and operational Internal Audits).
- Complete assigned engagements/audit procedures, primarily Information Technology (IT) Internal Audits and advisory projects as well as JSOX (Japanese Sarbanes Oxley), including planning, fieldwork/testing, producing work papers, drafting audit reports, and tracking Process Owner action plans to completion (providing deliverables to Senior Manager, IT Audit, Head of Internal Audit, and other IA Managers timely, with quality, and on-budget).
- Obtain a good understanding of business process and IT environment by facilitating walkthrough meetings to identify financial/operational/compliance/IT risks and related issues.
- Perform test of design and test of operating effectiveness over IT general, IT application, and IT configuration controls.
- Develop effective working relationships with IT and business process owners related to the assigned audit engagements.
- Produce detailed, high quality IT audit work papers, ensuring effective documentation of audit objectives, risks, procedures, results and identified issues per department guidelines and professional standards.
- Develop effective working relationships with external IT auditors and Panasonic Corporate IT auditors to increase reliance on Panasonic Avionics Internal Audit test work, improve audit efficiency, and facilitate cost savings for Panasonic.
- Develop/perform data analytics to support both financial and IT audit testing through utilizing existing company data warehouse, ERP, and available systems/tools.
- Assist financial audit team with performing financial/compliance audits as applicable.
- The following knowledge and skills are required:
- Strong information technology audit acumen including for identifying risks (particularly IT and financial risks but operational and compliance a plus) as well as identifying, recommending, and testing controls in various IT related areas (e.g. security management, computer operations, change management, etc.).
- Broad audit experience across the IT environment including applications/ERPs infrastructure, operating systems, databases, etc.
- Strong acumen/skills in performing audits and advisory projects (planning, fieldwork/testing, reporting, follow-up) including, but not limited to, documenting IT general, application, and configuration controls and following generally accepted audit standards/methodologies (SOX 404, JSOX, COSO, COBIT, ISO, and/or IIA, etc. as applicable).
- Strong analytical skills to identify/evaluate complicated issues and boil down to the critical points, developing recommendations and tracking action plans to a successful conclusion.
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to align and work proactively, constructively, and professionally with process owners, external auditors, peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize while managing multiple audit projects.
- Unquestioned ethics/integrity; dependable with a strong sense of urgency, accountability, and results-orientation.
- The following knowledge/experience and skills are highly preferred:
- Financial (internal and/or external) audit of large publicly traded companies
- IT audit of Oracle E-Business Suite and SAP controls
- Data analytics (mining and reporting key insights/trends/themes on big data) and data visualization skills (utilizing tools to graphically document/communicate data analytics insights) utilizing database applications/tools, including Oracle Database, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, MySQL, Power BI, Tableau, ACL, and/or IDEA, etc.
- System/ERP implementation/upgrade audit and advisory projects
- The following knowledge/experience and skills are preferred:
- Data Privacy, Information Security and Cyber Security audit and advisory projects (Knowledge/understanding of professional frameworks (e.g. NIST, ISO, etc.), Information / Cyber Security risks/controls/technologies/best practices, network infrastructure devices and capabilities including routers, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems and wireless technology, IoT.)
- RPAs (Robotics Process Automation)
- Governance Risk and Compliance, Audit, and/or User Access/Identity Governance tools (GRC SAP, Net IQ, Fast Path, OnSpring, Team Mate, etc.)
- Programing skills with Java, Python, SQL, robotics/RPA, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or relevant field
- 3 to 5 years of Information Technology (IT) audit experience either with a “Big 4” or mid cap accounting/consulting firm (BDO, Grant Thornton, McGladrey & Pullen, etc.) and/or Internal Audit experience with a large publicly-traded (e.g. “Fortune 500”) company
- Experience planning, performing, reporting, and following up on JSOX or SOX 404 engagements and related internal controls assessments
- Relevant professional certification(s) (CPA, CISA and/or CISSP highly preferred; CIA or other relevant certifications/licenses also considered)
- Proficient/effective English writing/reading and speaking skills
- Proficient/effective Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin/Cantonese), Spanish, Arabic writing/reading and speaking skills
- May require some travel, up to 25% of the time to international or domestic locations.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.