Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Reporting to the Senior Manager Internal Audit, the Senior Auditor: assists with and performs financial, operational and compliance audits for Panasonic Avionics Corporation and various subsidiaries/joint ventures; plans and executes internal audits, JSOX testing, and advisory projects; supports the preparation of audit reports and recommends improvements in internal controls, operations and policies and procedures; and partners with internal stakeholders and relevant third parties to support audit objectives.
- Assists in the execution of the annual Internal Audit plan (Internal Audits, advisory/special projects, and the Company’s JSOX (Japanese SOX) compliance program).
- Completes assigned engagements and related audit procedures including planning, fieldwork/testing, creating work papers, drafting audit reports, and tracking Process Owner action plans to completion (and providing deliverables to Senior Manager, Head of Internal Audit, and other IA Managers on-time, with quality, on-budget and consistent with department/professional standards/expectations).
- Documents process walkthroughs to identify financial/operational/compliance/IT risks and related issues.
- Evaluates and documents the effectiveness of internal controls recommends improvements (regarding compliance with laws, regulations, accounting practices/standards, etc.) and operational efficiencies.
- Maintains high level of awareness of changing needs of the business, industry, and regulatory environment.
- Demonstrates a strong combination of strategic thinking and tactical execution capabilities. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Develops effective working relationships with business process owners, internal auditors, senior management, and relevant stakeholders
- Develops effective working relationships with external auditors and Panasonic Corporate auditors to increase reliance on Panasonic Avionics Internal Audit test work, improve audit efficiency, and facilitate cost savings for Panasonic.
- The following knowledge and skills are required:
- Strong financial, operational, and compliance audit acumen including for evaluating relevant risks as well as for identifying, recommending, and testing related controls (Information Technology audit experience/knowledge a big plus)
- Strong acumen/skills in performing financial, operational, process, and compliance internal audits and advisory projects (planning, fieldwork/testing, reporting, follow-up) including, but not limited to, documenting controls and following generally accepted audit standards/methodologies (SOX 404, JSOX, department/company policies/standards, COSO, ISO, IIA, etc. as applicable).
- Strong analytical skills to identify/evaluate complicated issues and boil down to the critical points, developing recommendations and tracking action plans to a successful conclusion.
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to align and work proactively, constructively, and professionally with process owners, external auditors, peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize while managing multiple audit projects.
- Unquestioned ethics/integrity; dependable with a strong sense of urgency, accountability, and results-orientation.
The following knowledge/experience and skills are preferred:
- IT audit of Oracle E-Business Suite and SAP controls
- Data analytics (mining and reporting key insights/trends/themes on big data) and data visualization skills (utilizing tools to graphically document/communicate data analytics insights) utilizing database applications/tools, including Oracle Database, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, MySQL, Power BI, Tableau, ACL, and/or IDEA, etc.
- System/ERP implementation/upgrade audit and advisory projects
- RPAs (Robotics Process Automation)
- Governance Risk and Compliance, Audit, and/or User Access/Identity Governance tools (GRC SAP, Net IQ, Fast Path, OnSpring, Team Mate, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or other relevant field
- 3 to 5 years of Internal and/or External Audit experience either with a “Big 4” or mid cap accounting/consulting firm (BDO, Grant Thornton, McGladrey & Pullen, etc.) and/or Internal Audit experience with a large publicly-traded (e.g. “Fortune 500”) company
- Experience planning, performing, reporting, and following up on JSOX and/or SOX 404 engagements and related internal controls assessments
- Relevant professional certification(s) (CPA highly preferred; CIA, CISA, CA, CISSP or other relevant certifications/licenses also considered)
- Proficient/effective English writing/reading and speaking skills
- Proficient/effective Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin/Cantonese), Spanish, Arabic writing/reading and speaking skills
- May require travel, up to 25% of the time to international or domestic locations.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.