Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is seeking a strategic and hands on Sr. HRIS Manager who will provide subject matter expertise and leadership for all People systems at the Gigafactory. This role will report to the Director of HR Operations, Rewards & Analytics. The Sr. HRIS Manager is responsible in executing PENA’s people initiatives, collaborative optimization of the current HRIS (Workday), providing great internal customer support and driving HR functional excellence and process improvements.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- As the leader of our growing HRIS team, you will directly manage, mentor and develop the team to their full potential
- Drive the long-term strategic roadmap for Workday as well as other systems: new modules, release schedules, maintenance updates, and documentation; you will continue to identify HRIS solutions and implement said solutions to address business & operational opportunities to support needs across the employee life cycle
- Ensuring PENA is fully leveraging Workday to meet strategic business and talent needs and pursue continuous improvement in business processes, integration, automation, and user experience
- Build a world class reporting capability. With the support of our HRIS analyst, you will build and maintain our HR systems including permissions, access, customization, maintenance, data integrity, compliance and upgrades are carried out effectively.
- You will be focused on integrating our tools across our expanding organization while being on the cutting edge of our evolving HRIS ecosystem
- You will manage the communications and project updates with project teams, key stakeholders and management throughout the implementation period of our systems
- Maintain technical knowledge by staying up-to-date on new solutions and building professional and vendor relationships
- Oversees the analysis, metrics and communication of all HRIS related activities in the assigned organizations
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Other duties may be assigned
- 7+ years of work experience with HRIS management, managing a team, implementing, integrating, and continuously optimizing HR systems with Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- Deep knowledge of Workday and have implemented sophisticated configurations, and know how to plan for future capabilities. Certification in multiple Workday modules is a plus
- Able to make data conversational; leveraging analytics and feedback to build recommendations and influence processes
- Capable of leveraging dynamic dashboards that show what is happening organizationally in real time.
- Keen understanding of what world class HR Systems look like and what they are capable of delivering.
- Master's degree – Preferred
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and strong skills in PowerPoint
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills; ability to resolve tough business problems with well-structured analyses
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships and communicate effectively cross-functionally and with all levels of management
- Proven expertise in modeling techniques and managing large data sets
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Attention to detail and accuracy are extremely critical
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams and produce time sensitive deliverable
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.