Senior HR Coordinator
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Assist and support employees - Serve as a first-contact bridge to employees, directing them to solutions or team members to meet their needs on a variety of fronts such as onboarding, employee services, HR systems, employee relations or other needs.
- Maintain and improve HR process excellence – from records management, to compliance and other tracking, to onboarding and other activities. Keep the wheels turning smoothly and effectively.
- Assist the HR team – Partner in needs or projects the HR team may have, including administrative needs of the HR management team, including the GM of HR and General Affairs.
- Help to plan and coordinate events from large-scale employee events where the HR team is involved, to smaller scale needs such as team building, interview events, or otherwise.
- Billing and Vendor Management – facilitate review and payment for HR-related invoices, and adoption of new vendors into the relevant systems.
- Office coordination – Ensuring relevant office equipment and supplies are on-hand as the organization grows, or even moves within the expanding facility.
- Other duties/ HR projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field and 4 years of work experience in HR or Executive administration, and /or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with a high-volume hiring environment or support of a large employee population (2000 plus) highly desired.
- Demonstrated organizational skills. Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple schedules effectively and efficiently. Resourceful.
- Positive approach to work. Supportive and high-energy
- Effective communication skills, ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization with sincerity and a “we’ll find a way to figure this out” approach.
- Superior organizational skills and outstanding follow-through.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner with utmost integrity.
- Strong PC Skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Previous experience with ATS/HRIS systems desired.
- Willingness to be an active and positive contributor to a great team!
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.