Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
We are currently working remotely until the end of 2021 and will offer a hybrid/remote work schedule once we return to our new offices in Irvine.
Responsible for the development of new enterprise performance management (EPM) systems and process based solutions as well as by providing support, training and enhancements to existing systems/processes. Will be responsible for capturing and analyzing requirements from Finance and partner with IT and outside consultants to deliver EPM solutions. Position will be responsible for EPM applications for Finance. Will perform hands-on development and collaborate with IT as needed on infrastructure support. Will manage projects and will direct people. Will not have any direct reports.
Project & Process Improvement
- Manages technical delivery team on a day-to-day basis and all technical risks and issues, including close liaison with Oracle Hyperion and IT staff amongst others to close down issues.
- Interfaces with business and IT stakeholders to anticipate requirements and mobilize available resources to deliver solutions to meet those needs.
- Drives continuous improvement and implements repeatable and sustainable processes supporting period-end close, forecast, and business plan.
System Implementation & Enhancement
- Captures and analyze business requirements to formulate application solutions to meet those needs.
- Creates of system design concepts and detail for implementation including appropriate project plans and assessment of risk.
- Performs hand-on development as required as a member of the project team.
- Acts as system project lead as necessary to ensure the successful coordination between finance users, IT and external consultants through completion of the project.
- Business applications development and maintenance
- ODI development and maintenance
Maintenance and Support
- Provides ongoing maintenance and support for applications within the area of responsibility and provides production support.
- Serves as the primary administrator of EPM applications for Finance.
- Analyzes gaps in existing applications and makes necessary changes to optimize performance.
- Proactively communicates and reports issues, status, and results to management with recommended solution.
- System maintenance, ODI, FDMEE, DRM, SQL, Security, Automations, Development, etc
Financial application Administration
- Consolidate monthly Financial Forecast annual Business Plan from EPM applications.
- Consolidate GL and Subsidiary data monthly for Month End Financial Close.
- Maintain financial allocation drivers and run allocations monthly for close and forecast.
- Validate Financial data post consolidation of forecast and Month End Close.
- Experience with leading technical projects thru full software development life cycle.
- Experience with process re-engineering and driving continuous improvement.
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle EPM products including Hyperion Essbase, Planning, FDMEE, and ODI
- Expertise in SQL, PL/SQL, Essbase calc scripts, and data validation technics.
- Adaptive Planning experience a plus
- Ability to design, modify, develop, write, analyze and implement EPM applications supporting financial planning, reporting, and analysis.
- Experience with software development using full life-cycle (Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Ability to independently address a company system application need with user customers, cooperatively conceive a direction, and bring forth a recommended proposal for management review.
- Ability to act as an effective systems project manager and a driving force in the creation of a system application.
- Ability to comprehend customer needs and implement the application on time and within budget.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Management Information System, or related field.
- 8+ years of direct work experience in developing and supporting of EPM solutions including Hyperion, Cognos or Adaptive Planning.
- 5+ years of experience in SQL, PL/SQL, OLAP, or Essbase calc scripts.
- Good understanding of Unix and experience developing shell scripts.
- 5+ years of financial planning and business system analysis work in multiple areas including: financial planning, business case development, budgeting, operating plan development, pricing/proposal development, R&D, cost management, cost forecasting.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.