You will be eligible for a hybrid remote work schedule.
We are looking for someone with strong accounting and that has the capabilities and desire to grow in the Hussmann Finance Organization. As the Sr. Financial Analyst - Compliance & Technical Accounting, you will manage the ongoing maintenance of the lease management process related to ASC 842 and IFRS 16, assisting with the implementation of new accounting standards, managing external and internal audits and the annual Jsox/Internal Controls compliance/testing. You will report to the Sr. Manager, Corporate Compliance.
Manage and implement accounting standards and monitoring latest accounting standards for North America, Latin America and Oceania (as needed) to determine impact including:
- You will manage policy revision process including updates and communications with management and the SharePoint site to support finance. Ensure new policies are aligned with Panasonic policies
- You will provide guidance on complex accounting matters including conducting accounting research, providing recommendations on the application of accounting standards and documenting our position with formal position papers
- You will manage the ongoing maintenance of the lease management process related to ASC 842 and IFRS 16 and develop the Annual Operating Plan for leases and monthly forecast for leases
Manage Hussmann JSox/Internal Controls testing including roll out of new process/check sheets as directed by parent company, annual self-assessment testing and annual internal audit.
Lead management and coordination of the quarterly review and annual external audit and completion of compilations. Lead the completion of the required IFRS analysis and reporting of the IFRS adjustments to Panasonic Work with IT in execution of the annual access review and the evaluation of segregation of responsibilities (SOD) conflicts. Manage Levels of Authority (LOA's) documents for Corporate and other US & non-US locations. Engage with Hussmann process owners to review controls and help with process improvements. Support multiple project teams to help develop automated controls and insure proper level of internal controls. Overall management/review of government reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years Industry OR 4+ years Public Accounting Experience
- CPA or equivalent certification
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, (Proficient using v-lookups, pivots and other formulas in Excel).
- New Lease Accounting Knowledge
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We work with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.