Panasonic – Sr Financial Analyst
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Senior Financial Analyst has primary responsibility for financial planning and analysis as well as management reporting. This role is responsible for developing and maintaining key performance indicators and supporting all levels of management with critical performance data to drive business decisions and strategic direction. This position will also be responsible for developing the annual business plan and monthly forecast. From a financial reporting perspective this position will be responsible for overseeing/supporting the month end close process. Additionally, the position will be responsible for internal controls and policies and procedures.
- Assist in monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting.
- Act as liaison and support reporting to internal and external stakeholders (tax, affiliated organizations, internal audit, and external audit)
- Support inter-company reporting and monthly settlement.
- Support Monthly and Quarterly Accounting Close ensuring improving accuracy of accruals
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Drive annual business plan development and review process, and present to executive management
- Perform monthly forecasting
- Evaluate results versus business plan and forecast and provide
- Develop and report monthly KPI and financial results to executive management. Develop financial reports and KPI’s for senior leadership to support decision making.
- Assist top management in applying financial data and information to identify and improves efficiencies.
- Create financial models to support pricing and development of new business opportunities.
- Ad Hoc projects at the direction of executive management.
Leadership & Management:
- Must be proactive with all levels of management to support decision making based on financial and data analysis.
- Must participate in resolving problems and improve processes across functional lines to streamline reporting and improve company decision making and agility.
Internal Controls and Policy and Procedures:
- Responsible for maintaining internal control documentation
- Responsible for overseeing annual self-assessment
- Responsible for developing and maintaining accounting policy and procedures
- Ability to research and apply accounting pronouncements (specifically Revenue and Lease pronouncements)
What You’ll Bring:
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting/Finance, Certification or MBA a plus.
- 3-5 Years of progressive accounting/ FP&A experience
- Responsible for management of local accounting and finance function under the direction of Group Accounting Manager. (No Direct Reports)
- Experience with business information / data visualization tools a plus (Tableau, COGNOS, PowerBI, etc) a plus
- Strong analytical abilities that enable candidate to conduct critical and time-consuming research to solve complex problems.
- Candidate should have the ability to develop more sophisticated methods of compiling and analyzing accounting reports and suggest improvements to current systems and procedures.
- Senior Financial Analyst should possess strong communication and analytical skills in order to clearly communicate information to the executive team. He or she should be able to develop and maintain a network of contacts to achieve key business, organization and cross-cultural objectives.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.