Participates in a team environment under the instruction and direction of a staff engineer to assist in end to test development and execution.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
Project Management Responsibilities
- Utilizes knowledge to understand product specifications and how they relate to test strategy & plan development
- Develops and maintains procedures and related documentation for testing of all automotive electronic systems
- Interfaces with technical and configuration management in order to develop and release test plans
- Leads and supports end to end test development activities with respect to customer and system requirements
- Support and analyze metrics to determine areas of improvement in the test process, policies and procedures
- Escalate issues appropriately that will have a negative impact to the success of a project
Test Design Responsibilities
- Responsible to design and develop test as per defined test strategy and test plan for a project, feature set.
- Responsible for system design review, requirements analysis and develop test procedures and automation in compliance with standard process defined.
- Ensure all projects development and execution are traceable to requirements and implementation through development tools like RQM, RTC, DNG etc.
- Design and test tools (software and/or hardware) related to system level automation testing utilizing knowledge of layout and assembly of system level test equipment
Test Execution Responsibilities
- Perform to verify functionality, test coverage and traceability for all implemented Customer and Internal requirements in adherence to the SSQ Test cycle Process Model and other industry standards as required
- Plan and lead resources activities to ensure test coverage fulfilled in a given time frame
- Report and Track problems and verify solutions through the use of defect tracking applications and also Participates and/or conduct problem investigations related to system and software defects
- Generates and analyzes test data and reports to determine system functional and performance specifications
- Creates and publishes Test Reports, Score cards to SW/Systems/Project PL for each SW release and Prepares records, charts, graphs and other statistical information related to the testing documentation process
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience; or a minimum of eight (8) years of product testing, software testing or systems design experience in electronics products.
- Project leader experience a plus.
- Experience with Test design and automated testing (both hardware and software) required.
- Must possess good understanding of general functions of the system components and features
- Must possess basic knowledge of discipline specific documentation and test considerations.
- Proficient with end-to-end software system test life cycle, various test strategies, types and techniques.
- Must have knowledge on Quality Management Tools like VISIO, Rational ROSE, Clear Case, Apache Subversion (SVN), Permanent Virtual Circuit (PVCS) Tracker, and IBM Rational Defect Management,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.