Panasonic – Sr. Employee Services Specialist
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Employee Services & Administration:
- Responsible for answering escalated employee inquiries made via multiple channels (e.g., e-mail, phone, case management system). Inquiries may include, but are not limited to: interpretation of HR policies and procedures, information regarding employee programs, benefits, etc.
- Provide backup support to Employee Services Tier 1 specialists as deemed necessary
- Ensures high-quality standards for all activities, initiatives, and tasks within the designated functional area(s) of responsibility. Adheres to all service level agreements (SLAs) established by the HR functional area(s) / team(s). Appropriately documents case details and relevant information in the case management system.
- Collaborates effectively with others in order to execute tasks and fulfill key deliverables within the HR functional area(s) in order to develop credibility. Integrates efficiently with team members in the functional area(s), seeking input/assistance as needed. Strives to gather and share information to allow for transparent knowledge transfer and effective overall capability of the HR functional team.
- Ensures that all company policies and procedures are adhered to / in compliance with all applicable Federal, state, and/or municipal laws. Understands HIPAA policy and practice to ensure confidential employee information is protected.
- Provides continuous status updates, guidance, and information to customers, key stakeholders, and peers within the HR functional area team(s) to ensure case resolution. Provides feedback and recommends process improvements to management.
- Work streams include but are not limited to: HRIS, Payroll, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Employee Relations, Employee Activities, Employee Services, Employee Records, Mail Services, Compensation and Benefits. Supporting customers and companies across North America.
Leave Administration (LOA):
- Serve as the subject matter expert on leave programs under the general direction of HR leadership.
- Field all LOA inquiries from employees and managers across the US and provide guidance and interpretation in accordance with company policy and applicable federal and state laws.
- Administer all aspects of leave programs. Maintain detailed records.
Reports & Audits:
- Create and distribute various daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports for various internal customers
- Responsible for E-Verify and I-9 compliance and audit.
- Responsible for data audits in coordination with appropriate HR (PNA and affiliates)
- Continuous Improvement
- Assist in the development, updating and maintenance of HR system procedures, user guides, FAQ’s, tool kits, forms and training materials.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for continuous process improvement; create efficiencies through understanding system capabilities and streamlining processes
- Create/update Workday system documentation and conduct training
- Test system upgrades and functionality.
- Complete start to end departmental invoice processing
- Support HR Connect- A communication vehicle to engage employees with HR Systems, tools, processes and programs. Recommend topics, develop presentations and attending HR Connect sessions
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Four-year college degree in Business Administration/Human Resources or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of Human Resources/HR Shared Service experience preferred
- In depth Leave administration knowledge across all states preferred
- Experience with case management system preferred
- Strong Customer Service focus
- HR systems knowledge (Workday) preferred
- Demonstrates an understanding of the views of others and communicates in a realistic and practical manner using appropriate language. Listens attentively to views and issues of others. Selects appropriate methods of communication for each situation. Conveys and receives information effectively and builds positive working relationships.
- Ability to communicate successfully with all levels of employees and management.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- No travel required
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.