Participates in a development team working Radio Frequency (RF) and related technology design for Automotive In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) products.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Leads in the design, development, modification of electronic components and systems under general guidance.
- Develops efficient circuit designs, using Radio Frequency (RF), analog, digital and mixed signal semiconductor technology.
- Implements circuit schematic development and simulation with and without Computer-aided Design (CAD) and Computer-aided Engineering (CAE) tools.
- Develops and proves Electromagnetic Capability (EMC), Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), and/or Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) countermeasures.
- Troubleshoots, debugs, develops and proves critical root cause analysis strategies.
- Develops electrical requirement design documents for internal and external customer.
- Participates in development of design process procedure and plans development of experimental test programs and Proof of Concepts (POC’s).
- May instruct and provide technical guidance to engineers and other technical staff through the design and development process
- Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience; or a minimum of ten (10) years of electric design experience in electronics products within two of the five areas: Audio, Embedded Processors, RF, Video or Power.
- Master’s Degree in a STEM major and minimum of two (2) years of electrical design experience of electronics products are preferred but not required.
- Must have experience in one or more of the following areas
- Design of Wireless Communications, Cellular systems (transmitters and receivers), Bluetooth/Wi-Fi or
- Receiver design of SXM, AM/FM/HD/DAB, or GPS
- PCB Design of other RF circuit
- Developing linear and nonlinear device simulation models (Bipolar transistors, FET’s, MESFET’s, HEMT’s,etc.
- Experience working with phase noise measurement systems, noise figure test systems, and network analyzer
- Experience with RF simulation tools. (Ansoft Serenade, MDS, ADS, Libra, etc.
- Experience with RF reception/transmission quality testing
- Must have experience with schematic, Bill of Material (BOM), Layout, Engineer Change Order (ECO), Test Requirements Specifications and determine component requirements appropriate to product
- Must have the ability to learn computer applications as necessary for the position.
- Must successfully complete any training or certification courses required to support or strengthen position.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.