Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Outstanding collaborative and inclusive leader for developing new or enhanced systems, products, and services, including requirements definitions, documentation, and communication of requirements, both internally and externally with customers. Provide leadership, coaching, inspiration, technical advice, and advanced knowledge source for aircraft systems and regulations.
- Inspires, leads, and coaches in Systems Engineering planning, management, and execution.
- Lead designs and requirements definitions for new systems, new system configurations, subsystems, software, and products in support of complex projects and programs requiring extensive investigation and clarification.
- Lead documentation of designs and requirements for new systems, new system configurations, subsystems, software, and products in support of projects and programs.
- Contribute to and support customer proposal development with system definition and functional requirements.
- Provide oversight of prototype development of new and modified systems, configurations, software, products, and services.
- Lead the communication of complex system requirements for systems, configurations, subsystems, software, and products internally and externally with the customer.
- Lead customer and company discussions to ensure understanding and communication of the optimal technical solution.
- Exceptional ability to leap over obstacles. Thrives on innovation and creating the possible.
- Highly adept in interfacing with engineers, sales team, product managers, customers, and partners.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial aircraft cabin systems, interfaces, standards, and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-function teams to achieve positive results for complex projects. Acts as mentor, coach, technical expert, and wealth of knowledge.
- Master of Quality and directing teams in developing test methods and procedures.
- Obsessed with the organizational design and efficiency of the team. Hires, develops and maintains A players.
- Highly proficient in project planning to ensure timely completion of complex, independent tasks or one or more complex projects. Must know, prepare for, and integrate internal and external dependencies across multi-functions.
- Demonstrated high level of experience providing identifiable technical contributions to the success of a company/industry.
- Expert with commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronical and Mechanical Engineering field.
- Exceptional collaboration skills, system-level definition capabilities, and customer service skills with a focus on inclusion.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, or other related engineering degrees, or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years’ experience in large-scale integrated systems.
- Experience designing a broad range of Interface Control Documents (ICDs).
- Experience leading large (100+ FTE) diverse worldwide team
- 10% international travel required.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.