Panasonic – Sr. Demand Planner
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Responsibilities include managing the Demand Management function for the assigned product category. This position is responsible for working with the sales and product management teams to develop a 6 month forecast, on a monthly basis, measure and improve forecast accuracy, help improve customer lead times, help to keep inventory within budget, and help improve the overall supply chain planning process
- Work with Sector Heads and National Sales Managers in order to ensure that forecasted projects are reflected accurately in the forecast of record.
- Work with BU Management and Sales Management in order to ensure that Purchase Orders expected in a certain time frame are still on track
- Manage daily communication with the factories on estimated times of arrival, and changes (pull ins and push outs of purchase quantities)
- Work with 3rd party vendors to share forecasts and communicate changes in market demand
- Act as the point of escalation for customer service and inventory issues for the Mobility products
- Monitor and report on KPI’s related to customer service, on time delivery, forecast accuracy and inventory levels
- Monitor and drive any necessary corrections in Panasonic and/or channel inventory
- Utilize demand and supply planning tools as necessary in order to increase planning accuracy
- Work with Operations, Master Data, Product Management, and Logistics in order to resolve customer related issues
- Report increases or decreases in expected revenue to BU Management on a timely basis
- Communicate with supply planners to gauge availability risk to the current forecast
- Work with supply chain management in order to ensure that quantities ordered from the factory drive inventory levels within budgeted limits.
Process Improvement Initiatives:
- Participate in project planning and implementation of process improvements, including the implementation of supply chain technologies
- Work on new metrics and ways to analyze data in order to improve customer service levels and inventory management.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field
- 5+ Years of Demand Planning Experience Required
- APICS CSCP Certification Preferred
- Experience with SAP, JDA and Anaplan preferred
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
People Management/Conflict Resolution:
- Ability to communicate with customers and salespeople in order resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
- Willingness to learn and evaluate new systems related to SCM for process and data quality improvements.
- Ability to learn basic product components in a configure to order environment
- Must be deadline oriented
- Organizational, Time Management, People Management & Presentation skills required.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.