Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit www.parkplaceirvine.com
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
As a Senior Applied Scientist at Panasonic, you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and innovative team in the field of in-flight entertainment and connectivity. You will be instrumental in helping us harness data to create personalized experiences for our passengers and enhance our services. This internship offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the aviation industry while working on meaningful data-driven projects.
What you will be doing:
Data Analysis: Collaborate with the data science team to analyze and visualize large datasets, extracting valuable insights and identifying trends and patterns.
Machine Learning: Develop and implement machine learning models to improve personalization, recommendation systems, and passenger engagement.
Data Exploration: Explore new data sources and technologies to enhance the quality and depth of our data analytics and personalization capabilities.
Experimentation: Plan and execute A/B tests and experiments to evaluate the impact of data-driven changes to our products and services.
Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, engineers, and designers, to integrate data-driven solutions into our products and services.
Documentation: Document your work, findings, and methodologies to ensure that the knowledge generated is shared within the team.
Innovation: Continuously explore and suggest innovative approaches and techniques to improve data-driven decision-making and personalization efforts.
Professional Development: Participate in training and learning opportunities to further enhance your data science skills and knowledge.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 3+ years equivalent experience in modeling, forecasting, data architecture (Analytics/Business Intelligence preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Analytics, or Information Management is required. (Masters in Analytics, enrolled in a Ph.D program in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field.
- Experience on Amazon EMR and handling Big Data required.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python or Java, C++.
- Familiarity with machine learning and statistical analysis.
- Proficiency in data manipulation and visualization libraries (e.g., Pandas, Matplotlib, Seaborn).
- Basic knowledge of data engineering, data warehousing, and SQL.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective communication and collaboration abilities.
- Eagerness to learn and a strong passion for data-driven insights.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.