Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
The Panasonic Cybersecurity Risk Management (“PCRM”) organization was created to strategically enable the business mission of enhancing the passenger experience, improving operational efficiencies, and generating business opportunities.
Its mission is to protect the Panasonic brand and reputation, its digital processes and technologies, its data and intellectual property, and the customer data under its custodianship.
Its scope is global in nature and achieves its mission by developing and operating, programs to identify, prioritize, communicate, measure, and drive to closure, cybersecurity risk across the enterprise and its portfolio of NEXT generation solutions and services.
To support this focus, Panasonic seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Sr. Cybersecurity Analyst. This individual will be responsible for supporting our Security Compliance team by administering several, cybersecurity programs including requirements analysis and definition, implementation management, communication strategy requirements, program measurement and reporting, and any associated risk management plans.
The Sr. Cybersecurity Analyst for the Security Compliance Team is responsible for supporting cybersecurity governance, risk, and compliance services and assist with the evaluation and rationalization of risk management controls for ISO27001, MPAA, PCI DSS, PA-DSS, security and privacy requirements, and customer driven security obligations. The Sr. Cybersecurity Analyst will also perform risk assessments and support associated risk management activities.
- Security Risk and Compliance: Participate in formal security risk analysis and technical assessment programs for various cybersecurity compliance initiatives and processes. Support Manager in driving a formal security controls, assessment, and testing program. Liaise with airline customer security teams, systems and software engineering, legal, and auditors to remediate new and outstanding issues and track security compliance related issues in a GRC system.
- Security Governance: Oversee PAC security policies, standards, guidelines and baselines. Ensure policies are reviewed and updated regularly. Promote and monitor our cybersecurity education and training programs. Maintain expertise on security trends through training, research and development to mitigate potential security exposures. Train other staff and external clients as necessary.
- Security Agreements: Review and negotiate data security issues that arise in a wide variety of customer facing engagements. Respond to internal and external consumers, regulatory bodies, and auditors about security governance, risk, and compliance affairs and inquiries. Review and discuss security and business issues with internal and external customers and Manager.
- Security Risk Assessment: Avoids security compliance challenges and security GRC impact by understanding current and proposed security architectures, enforcing cybersecurity related regulations, recommending new security procedures and workflows to support GRC, and complying with security requirements. Brief Manager on any issues requiring elevation due to potential impact on company revenue, security compliance, customer asset loss, and any cross-functional impact. Support Manager in tactical execution of security governance, risk, and compliance objectives by ensuring compliance with the security policies related to risk management, customer security requirements, and information protection. Conduct periodic internal security reviews or risk assessments to ensure that compliance procedures and technical configurations are followed
- Communications: Provide guidance on compliance with global data security laws, regulations, industry standards, self-regulatory requirements, and best practices applicable to the aerospace industry. Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities. Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations and progress.
- Other: Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes.
- Ability to interface with all levels within organization and provide input to facilitate decisions.
- Analytical skills and ability to formulate and articulate recommendations.
- Familiarity with issues relevant to risk management in IFE industry
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in fast changing environment
- Highly organized, self-motivated and accountable
- Will be expected to learn quickly and effectively handle tasks that require initiative and sound judgment.
- BS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT, Information Assurance, or related field or 3 years of related technical experience.
- Security Professional Certification (CISSP or CRISC) desirable or the ability to obtain in the first 6 months after hire.
- 5+ year’s in Data Security, Regulatory Compliance, or Information Technology field.
- 5+ year’s experience in Compliance or Vendor Risk Management environment.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to travel internationally
- Ability to interact with personnel on all levels to resolve issues and provide solutions in a timely manner.
- Understands the need for, and consistently practices, effective teamwork with others.
- Capable of prioritizing and managing assignments, tasks and projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain a detail-oriented approach while multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with multicultural environment to ensure sensitivity to both internal and external customers
- Expert skill level in using Microsoft Office Project and similar scheduling applications.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.