Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
The Regional Panasonic Cyber & Information Security Organization (“RP-CISO”) exists to enable the Panasonic mission of Improving people's lives through the secure development and delivery of goods and services needed for the betterment of society.
The RP-CISO governs, builds, and operates programs that protect the Panasonic brand and reputation, its digital operations processes and technologies, its data and intellectual property, and customer data under its custodianship. Its scope is global in nature and achieves its mission by developing and operating, programs to identify, prioritize, communicate, measure, and drive to closure, cybersecurity risk across the enterprise.
To support this focus, Panasonic seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Sr. Cyber Security Engineer. The Sr. Cyber Security Engineer is a critical member of the RP-CISO – Security Architecture team and must be comfortable working in a dynamic, flexible, fast paced environment. They are expected to partner with other cybersecurity programs, information technology organizations, network operation centers, software development teams, product management, security researchers, law enforcement, and business stakeholders, to manage, and drive forward the security architecture & engineering programs.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Gain understanding of Current State and Target State Architectures and then work to define a strategy for technical direction around security
- Architects, designs, implements, maintains and operates information system security controls and countermeasures e.g. Authentication/Authorization, NAC, PAM, CSPM, CASB, CWPP, EDR/XDR, HSM, etc
- Translates business and assurance goals into documentation and diagrams to guide technical security decisions.
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Assist in the development and execution of the regional security architecture plan
- Implements security systems by specifying methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; providing technical support; completing documentation.
- Upgrades security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancements
- Collaborates with Team, Peers, IT and Business Unit staff in the development and maintenance of the regional information security program and policies.
- Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to technical security policies, standards, and procedures
- Support development of remediation action and work plans as required by assessment and audit activities.
- Supports security audits, vulnerability and threat assessments.
- Ensure compliance to all PNA & Panasonic Corporation policies and procedures including but not limited to JSOX, ISM/ISO27001, GDPR, CCPA, CMMC compliance.
- Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years of applied experience working in the Cloud Security, OT Security, Network Security, System Security, and/or Application Security domains, engineering security solutions required.
- BS in Computer Science or 2 additional years related technical security field experience as described in first bullet.
- Certifications such as (SABSA, CSALP) are a plus.
- Ability to obtain CISSP or CSALP certification in 6 months of employment required if not a certification holder at hire.
- Experience influencing security architecture & engineering teams and driving standards via their development cycle to deliver security (or other) non-feature improvement/enhancements
- Ability to determine logical and practical solutions
- Use broad systems thinking
- Ability to identify, research issues and problems
- Be creative/innovative
- Ability to communicate ideas and recommendations in written and verbal forms
- Regular communications with all levels of business unit and IT management
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Interface with all levels within regional Business Units, IT Shared Services, and Vendor Delivery organizations
- Establish and keep good relationship with vendors, users and co-workers.
- Travel may be required up to 15% (domestic and international)
- Strong time management skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.