Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Attorney on the Product Legal team to lead privacy and cybersecurity legal advice, and secondarily provide commercial and contractual support on transactional matters related to PAC’s products.
Sr. Counsel Product Privacy & Security must have a deep understanding of PAC’s products, technology, and business, and an ability to guide clients with clear, practical advice in a fast-paced environment.
Sr. Counsel will represent a diverse group of global clients on legal issues related to privacy, data rights and cybersecurity as well as product commercial matters, and work in a team environment with other legal and business professionals around the world. Interface at a senior level to plan and support process and communications cross-functionally.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team delivering best in class privacy, cybersecurity and product counseling to PAC’s product, engineering and technology teams.
- Provide legal advice to our core services teams, such as information security, data management, and platform engineering, to ensure the PAC products, services, platforms, and technology delivered by those teams are compliant with applicable laws, regulations, standards/controls, contractual obligations, and industry best practices. You will be the lead legal advisor to executives, product managers, engineers, and compliance professionals.
- Act as one of the main points of contact for the Product Legal team on incidents involving potential data disclosure. Collaborate with CyberSecurity and Office of Ethics & Compliance on incident preparedness, investigation, communication, and remediation.
- Build and maintain scalable and effective processes for providing legal input to clients and standards for strategic initiatives related to core infrastructure, privacy by design, incident response management, data governance and related compliance processes, machine learning, and other cross-platform projects.
- Collaborate with other product counsel and data protection teams to ensure we have visibility across business units and offer consistent guidance on key areas that cross the organization such as data governance, retention and deletion, anonymization/pseudonymization of data, security, geolocation, SDLC, privacy by 60 design, and machine learning.
- Create and provide guides and training to legal team members, clients, and cross-functional stakeholders on how our foundational systems work and how we think about relevant laws, regulations, and self-regulatory frameworks with respect to those systems.
- Work collaboratively across multiple functions, including Legal, Engineering, Compliance, Marketing, and the Digital Services, Connectivity and Inflight Entertainment Business units.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant U.S. and international laws and regulations, especially those related to cybersecurity, ML, privacy, data governance, and other applicable areas.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating inbound and outbound product agreements, including, licenses, PaaS, SaaS, strategic alliance, reseller, support and partnership agreements.
- Counseling the business units and customer contracts teams on a range of legal issues.
- 8+ years of legal experience with expertise in one or more of: information security policies and standards (including incident response management, investigation and remediation), data governance and data standards (including data mapping and retention & deletion programs), anonymization/pseudonymization of data, analytics, and/or artificial intelligence/machine learning. In-house legal experience preferred, particularly in connection with technology platforms.
- Knowledge of global privacy laws, regulations, and related standards.
- Knowledge of information security frameworks and compliance (i.e. NIST and ISO27001).
- Strong drafting skills and experience working with licenses, PaaS, SaaS, strategic alliance, reseller, support and partnership agreements.
- Experience counseling information security, data management, and engineering teams.
- J.D. with a minimum of 10 + years of relevant legal experience, preferably international experience.
- Active membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
- Responsibility of comparable scale a plus.
- Certified Information/Privacy Professionals a plus.
- Travel up to 15% both domestic and internationally
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.