Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Panasonic Avionics is seeking a Senior Counsel in-house attorney to join our Legal Department, preferably in our Irvine, CA office but remote or hybrid working will be considered for the right candidate. Our legal team is looking for an experienced commercial technology lawyer to join our group and work closely with our core engineering and digital product groups as they imagine, create and deliver the technology that enables Panasonic as the global leader of innovation to engage and entertain airline passengers around the world. If you are someone who is a down-to-earth team player and have a passion to work on innovative technology and partnership deals, then this is a great role for you.
In this role, you will build a deep understanding of the Panasonic engineering, digital solutions, connectivity and product organizations while providing practical product counseling to enable rapid development of innovative products, including advising on privacy, regulatory, safety, policy and other issues while coordinating closely with legal specialists in each of these areas as needed.
The person in this role will need to develop collaborative relationships with internal clients and colleagues to advise on risks, deal structures and efficient methods for achieving business goals. This person also will need to be skilled in coordinating cross-functionally to support all aspects of the development, deployment and maintenance of products and services. The person will need to be comfortable working in a fast paced environment with the flexibility to adjust priorities as demanded by the business.
This individual will be key in driving PAC’s digital transformation by providing legal support to internal business and technical teams engaged in, strategic relationships, product development, commercialization, and deployment, software and SaaS, PaaS, and IT Technology transactions. Extensive experience in drafting, negotiating, and closing commercial technology agreements is required. The individual will also draft supplemental terms and conditions, and augment company license and services templates for the deployment of software products and solutions.
Extensive commercial contracting experience is a must. Experience with general M&A, strategic transactions, antitrust, technology, open-source software, and other intellectual property expertise is a plus, as is experience with evolving data protection and privacy frameworks to enable effective facilitation with the Panasonic data protection and privacy team. Please note this is not a privacy/data protection, nor an IP-specific role.
- Working with the other members of the Legal Department, this attorney is responsible for the following:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating inbound and outbound software evaluation, license,
- PaaS, SaaS, strategic alliance, reseller, support and cloud services agreements;
- Working closely with the business through the new product introduction and commercialization process, including performing IP due diligence, identifying privacy, and other regulatory issues relating to the products;
- Supporting key strategic commercial agreements;
- Conducting routine antitrust review for selected long-term commercial relationships;
- Website and mobile application terms development and licensing support;
- Workflow process improvement, playbook development, training, and forms updating
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A strong understanding of technology, consumer electronics and the internet
- Impeccable ethics and a high-level of integrity.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Ability to independently manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues.
- Strong teaming skills; approaches work with flexibility and a positive attitude, and constructively manages change.
- Emotionally intelligent, invested, and engaged.
- Collaborative working style.
- High degree of leadership and decision-making skills.
- Articulate and thoughtful - able to adapt communication on complex issues for different audiences.
- Strong business acumen.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- J.D. with a minimum of 12 years of relevant legal experience.
- 5-10 years at a technology or media company focusing on technology and/or strategic transactions is highly preferred
- 2-4 years at a law firm focusing on complex transactions (M&A, finance or licensing) is preferred
- Active membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
- Responsibility of comparable scale a plus
- Travel up to 15% both domestic and internationally.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.