PAC Legal Department (Contracts Team)
Sr. Contracts Manager
Job Code 101267
July 1, 2019
Oversees and participates in the negotiating, structuring, and management of contractual documents that establish and/or renew business relationships with customers and/or partners. Reviews and approves documents for protection of the company’s contractual posture and adherence to company policy. Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions. Assists with and take a leadership role in company-wide and department strategic projects.
major responsibilities % oF time
- Responsible for drafting agreements, leading negotiations, and structuring and finalizing contracts of significant value with focus on risk mitigation. Preparation of a formal written contract that reflects the agreed-upon proposal and baseline deal. Manage all resources necessary to ensure successful conclusion of customer contracts as assigned.
- Pre-award proposal support – review of the request for proposal and responsive business proposal to ensure that risks and liabilities are captured and accounted for at the tender stage.
- Negotiation of contracts, which encompasses all commercial, technical and legal terms.
- Work with sales and service teams, as well as internal legal counsel, to identify areas of risk (e.g., corporate identifications, insurance, intellectual property rights and penalties) and recommend ways to mitigate in the contract.
- Brief senior management on open contract issues and contract risks. Make recommendations for acceptance of contract terms and conditions, intellectual property language, limitations of liability and remedies / penalties for failure to perform under contract, staying within approved risk profile. Manage inter-department communications for establishing contractual terms and conditions.
- Assist with and provide direction to projects that help the company and department more effectively/efficiently meet objectives and address new business products.
- Excellent negotiation / persuasive skills to enable successful conclusion of contracts that balance customer needs against the protection of company from excessive risk.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English and Chinese, both in writing and verbally to all levels of the organization as well as external customers, including executives and attorneys.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to resolve complex issues and balance customer demands.
- Ability to find alternative solutions to contractual issues as they arise in contract negotiations. Possess the ability to look at a problem from various points of view to present all sides of the topic or issue.
- Wide-ranging experience, with the ability to use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Ability to work on complex issues in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable
- Excellent judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Ability and judgment to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and provide guidance to other personnel and lead cooperative teams, where applicable.
- A degree in law, business, engineering or related field is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in related contracts negotiation/management, writing and review.
- Five years of specific contracts experience in the commercial avionics industry in China and/or Southeast Asia.
- Ability to travel up to 25 percent of the time to domestic and international locations.
July 1, 2019