Sr Contracts Administrator
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
What you will get to do:
- Organizing, Administering, Reviewing, Maintaining Contracts
- Oversee end-to-end processes for PENA’s transactions, beginning with receipt of requests for contract generation through routing for signatures, final distribution, archiving and management thereafter.
- Leverage technology including contract lifecycle management (CLM) platform to support attorney redlining, negotiation, and management of a high volume of commercial contracts.
- Create and maintain PENA Document Repository using CLM platform.
- Establish and maintain tools for project tracking and status.
- Ensure document filing/naming process is established for all PENA legal documents and key dates are tracked and updated.
- Enforce counterparty screening and approval and signature processes for commercial transactions.
- Prepare forms of standard legal documents for PENA contracts team review, such as Master Service Agreements, Statements of Work, Nondisclosure Agreements, Amendments, etc.
- Identify and implement opportunities for automation and improvements in PENA’s contract preparation, approval, and management procedures.
- Communicate and collaborate with contract stakeholders to ensure effective, timely contract administration, and support compliance initiatives
- Proactively work with Indirect Procurement, PENA Legal, and other internal stakeholders to support creation, termination, renewal, or extension of contracts in a timely manner.
- Schedule compliance activities and distribute announcements as needed. General Administration
- Provide notary public support to PENA
- Assist with drafting and updating departmental process diagrams, operating procedures and ad hoc status reports as required.
- Provide scheduling/calendar administration for PENA legal department as requested.
What You'll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years business or related experience.
- 3+ years of contract management/paralegal experience with a law firm or mid-size technology or manufacturing company.
- Basic understanding of contract drafting/negotiation skills and issue-spotting.
- Proficient in MS 365, as well as project management and/or contract management platforms.
- Experience with DocuSign is highly preferred.
- Experience with technical writing (standard operating procedures, policy documents) preferred.
- Possess, or be willing to obtain, certification as notary public (Nevada) Competencies: Key desired behaviors; e.g., problem solving, innovation, collaboration, etc.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, shift focus, adapt to changing priorities, maintain patience in high pressure situations and take initiative where appropriate.
- Attention to detail and the ability to spot errors and inconsistencies.
- Ability to work with a team at all levels of an organization
- Prioritizes tasks in a fast paced, changing environment through frequent interruptions and changing deadlines.
- Organizes information or materials for others.
- Adaptable and willingness to support new tasks.
- Key communications contacts (internal/external) and level of persuasion required
- Excellent reading and language comprehension.
- Able to clearly and accurately explain issues, policies, procedures and other pertinent information to clients and co-workers.
- Able to relay/redirect complete and accurate messages to appropriate persons/departments.
Travel up to 30% travel required (US domestic)
Located at Gigafactory in Sparks, NV and/or administrative office in Reno, NV.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America!