Panasonic – Sr. Community Affairs Specialist
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Employee Volunteer Program (EVP) Management:
- Develop annual outreach strategy and calendar on EVP and make recommendations to department director based on established outreach program policies and direction.
- Ensure appropriate follow-up and responses on behalf of company and its executives to inquiries from community groups regarding requests for volunteer engagement.
- Manage EVP events and activities that assist in maintaining positive relationships/partnerships with key company business partners and/or stakeholders (local and national).
- Establish and maintain regular contacts with community leaders and key civic and political representatives to build the company’s visibility with these groups and highlight PNAs EVP efforts.
- Manage strategic direction and oversight of the company’s volunteer initiatives, charitable events and facility usage.
- Coordinate and manage volunteer activities in which the company and its employees can actively participate, including determining the program, establishing the schedule, arranging transportation and coordinating all logistical arrangements.
- Coordinate outreach efforts in conjunction with EEO/Diversity, in fulfilling/achieving the company’s affirmative action plan, especially organizations that deal with minority and women related issues.
- Report to department director on the status of outreach and volunteer engagement activities.
- Develop and deliver presentations and speeches to civic organizations in the community on PNAs EVP policy and impact.
- Manage day-to-day community engagement efforts for PNA that include identifying and implementing appropriate volunteer service activities.
- Represent PNA at external events and promote the company’s role in the community as a “good corporate citizen”. Enhance the company name recognition and product brand name through presentations, speeches, serving on boards of charitable organizations, coordinate outreach events, facilitate an exchange of ideas at meetings with senior executive management on issues relevant to the community and company.
- Develop and implement annual national day of service for PNA (i.e. Panasonic Cares)
- Serves as point-person for employees on matters relating to employee giving and corporate community engagement.
- Organize and implement community electronic product recycling events (two per year), including managing relationships with local non-governmental organizations / local governments that help stage and publicize the events.
- Organize and implement employee clean-up events, (multiple events per year), including initiating and managing relationships with local governments and non-governmental organizations which are involved in staging and publicizing the events.
- Assist in the management and support of PNAs Volunteer Council
- Manage corporate wide outreach efforts including disaster relief in partnership with various internal entities and establish links with disaster relief agencies for on-line employee donations, etc. as needed
- Present an overview of EVP at new employee orientations as requested.
- Manage all contributions related information, records, archives, tax forms, reserves for contributions, and reconcile reports with finance, etc.
- Research and keep current on ‘industry best practices’, find and attend training classes, webinars, and tutorials for all areas relating to EVP.
- Write and provide updates on PNAs EVP program and related community engagement activities for the annual report, HQ news and other reports as deemed necessary.
- Generate new reports or modify existing work products/processes to improve efficiency
- Develop tools (i.e. spreadsheets, simple databases) to capture and analyze/aggregate data across multiple programs with different data points,
- Defines programmatic goals, create performance indicators and success measures to manage continuous evaluation and improvement
- Create and analyze employee survey results across programs and identify patterns for future program development
- Work collaboratively with HR and the Volunteer Council to monitor and track data on EVP utilization and trends.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- 5 - 7 years’ professional experience in corporate giving, community relations, external affairs for a major company
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required; master’s degree preferred
- Must possess working knowledge and understanding of volunteer management
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word applications. Graphic and presentation skills a plus
- Proficient in Social Media applications – Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface effectively and professionally. Possess solid interpersonal skills to work with people on all levels internally and externally
- Must be able to motivate employee volunteers to participate in outreach activities
- Must be able to present ideas clearly and succinctly
- Must be able to develop content for corporate advertisements in various publications, event souvenir journal
- Must be able to update, develop content and creative ideas for websites (for example: KWN and CDC)
- Ability to travel with overnight stay
- Participation in evening and weekend events is required
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.