Panasonic – Sr Cloud Software Architect
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you'll get to do:
Develop an architecture for transitioning on premises n tier Microsoft software platform to a Cloud based software platform. Propose a roadmap for the transition, work with the team to develop a phased plan, and be hands on during the implementation of the plan.
Interface and integrate Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) hardware to the software platform using edge technologies. Responsible for both performance and cost analysis of the new cloud-based platform. We will consider remote but prefer someone based in Rochester, NY (hybrid).
Specific business tasks and objectives which will vary by project, but require:
- Contribute to the software development lifecycle, focusing on designing, implementation and debugging software solutions.
- Collaborate with a team of software engineers and testers using a scrum based agile software development methodology
- Work closely with product manager to understand requirements and design software solutions to satisfy customer requirements.
- Work with QA to debug software issues and ensure robust software quality
- Work with sales and field engineers to develop integrated software and or hardware solutions for customer requirements, and to support escalations from customers for field issues.
- Integrate software with existing systems and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
This position requires an experienced software engineer proficient in Cloud application development (preferably Azure) and Microsoft technologies.
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years architecting, designing and developing applications for Cloud deployment using microservices architecture (preferably Azure)
- 10+ years of complex application software development experience working in a team environment
- Experience architecting, designing and developing solutions using container technologies
- Experience with workflow engine design (i.e. event bus, message queues, rules engines), and other technologies typically found in N Tier business applications
- SQL database experience (schema and query design)
- Experience working with Big Data is a plus.
- Experience developing robust, multi-threaded device layer software, preferably on Windows
- Experience with device layer software and integrating with firmware a plus.
- Experience with RFID and network communication technologies a plus.
- Experience with Entity Framework
- Experience working with customers to support production installs, customer implementation support and escalation support is a plus.
- Passionate, self motivated, accountable and determined team player, able to accept direction
- Awareness of risk management and mitigation techniques
- Key communications contacts internal and or external and level of persuasion required
- Strong, frequent written and verbal communication to peer and management audiences
- Detail oriented, demanding completeness and adherence to highest standards with excellent time and project management skill
- Experienced with distributed team project development across time zones and cultures
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (10%) and or participate in off hours meetings with offshore team partners regularly
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic prioritizes total wellbeing. We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs to support your physical, emotional, financial, social and environmental health.
The salary range of $130,000 to $140,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
We understand that your career search may look different than others and embrace the professional, personal, educational, and volunteer opportunities through which people gain experience. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!