The Sr. Buyer is responsible for supporting the procurement team in local sourcing, supplier auditing, material quality monitoring, order planning, and delivery tracking to ensure procurement excellence. Furthermore, the Sr. Buyer must demonstrate good project management skills, business mindsets, and the ability to multi-task in a high-volume procurement environment.
- Assist with the introduction of new materials into production lines
- Promote localization of supplier and materials by cooperating with Japan’s teams
- Manage commodities to achieve cost savings, quality, and delivery objectives within assigned commodities
- Assist in local supplier selection and qualification according to commodity strategy
- Ensure that commodity strategy aligns with local plant requirements
- Negotiate contracts with local/specific suppliers (price, lead -time, inventory programs, etc.)
- Work with Quality Control on supplier quality and quality audits
- Meet stated KPIs for MPV (Annual Price Reductions), Supplier Consolidation, NCM (Non-Conforming Material), WCC (working capital contribution), etc.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is required based on specific roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: BS Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Preferred: None
- Minimum of 3-5+ years of experience in procurement
- Experience in working with international teams and in a multi-culture environment
- Familiar with MRP and SAP
- Able to influence change without direct authority
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving & communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment and take the initiative to learn new tools and concepts quickly
- Approachable and adaptable; this is a start-up where priorities are constantly changing
- Proficient skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook)
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Japanese language skills are preferred
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
- APICS, CPM certification is preferred
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 30%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 30%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Not Required
- Up to 20 lbs.: Not Required
- Up to 35 lbs.: Not Required
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.