Acts as a/an primary owner for written business requirements, design and technical specifications, from initial creation, through change management and solution delivery. Collaborates with Business, Enterprise Business Solutions team and IT partners to define and prioritize reporting needs in the Business Intelligence (BI) area based on business strategic and operational goals. Designs and implements reporting tools that meet the businesses goals. Works as a lead within a team of BI developers.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Provides production support of all data, analytics, and reporting and develops tools to meet the requirements of key stakeholders.
- Works with enterprise-wide business and IT senior management to understand and prioritize data and information requirements.
- Synthesizes complex and contradictory information into accurate, concise, readable, unambiguous written requirements at multiple levels of detail.
- Leads discovery sessions, and create documentation of varying types – business and technical – at varying levels of detail.
- Partners with key stakeholders to analyze business objectives, understand transactional business processes, direct data issues, and define reporting requirements.
- Assist teams in identifying KPIs and defining reports and dashboards, including Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) transactional and data requirements.
- Gathers/creates reports requirements from/with the end-user and interface with the client and multi-disciplinary teams within Panasonic (Business Intelligence, Information Technology, Database, and Data Warehouse Developers, Project Managers) to support the solution delivery process.
- Directs tactical delivery through the Business Intelligence developers to assure all requirements and design specifications are met.
- Analyzes detailed requirements from the business and then scope, plan, design, test, train and deliver required data and reporting solutions.
- Develops appropriate estimates, timelines, resourcing needs, Functional Design Specifications, and other detailed enhancement documentation.
- Creates and executes Unit and Integration testing methodology and criteria based on input from business and IS team members.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements either in existing designs or by adopting new functionalities available.
- Drives consistency, quality improvements, and enhancements throughout the data, analytics, and reporting area.
Assists the developers in creating external relations, conceptual and physical data models for the BI solution.
- Supports Business Intelligence (BI) tool experts and developers in the development and ensure that the solution is built according to specifications.
- Takes direction from Project Management regarding schedule, scope, and cost tradeoffs.
- Assists with the delivery of the Business Intelligence system into production by designing and supporting the formal client acceptance process including Quality Control, Unit Acceptance Test plans, Training.
- Generates standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by executives, managers, and other stakeholders.
- Develops standards, policies, and procedures for the form, structure, and attributes of the business intelligence tools and systems.
- Researches new technology and develops business cases to support enterprise-wide business intelligence solutions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related technical field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of Business Intelligence applications and full project lifecycle experience on multiple projects deployed using one of the leading BI products is required.
- Knowledge in Analytic tools and platforms
- Ability to read code and support applications, reports and processes preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Programming knowledge of SQL a plus
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrated intermediate proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Windows-based databases.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.