Responsible to establish finished good and component inventories held for service demand after end of mass production through forecasting and other data analysis with coordination between Program Management, Customer Care, Production Control, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management (SCM), Service and Warehouse functions while working in a team environment. Identifies researches and reports business continuity risks to ongoing service supply (components or finished goods) and proactively manages service risk avoidance with respective stakeholders.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Follows a quarterly schedule, based on forecast model estimate, optimizes and recommends disposition amounts of excess, obsolete, slow moving, non-moving, and shelf-life finished good material using Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Electronic Data Interchange Data (EDI) forecast, System of Record, shipment history, and current inventory.
- Identifies weaknesses in forecast guidelines and make proposals to improve them.
- Provides recommendations to adjust guidelines based on analyzed historical trends.
- Collaborates with cross-functional team to evaluate forecasting guidelines and results of forecasting work.
- Recommends production of new service units where on-hand quantity is low relative to forecast.
- Ensures material dispositions take place after appropriate approvals using Request for Approval (RFA) system.
- As part of review of low-to-forecast finished goods, determine potential raw material shortages through MRP simulations or other efforts.
- Ensures raw material or finished good ordering occurs after appropriate approvals using Request for Approval (RFA) system.
- Communicates with production factory on material availability and provides forecasts for ordering of raw material. When necessary due to EOL conditions or other constraining circumstances, acts as service buyer/planner to research service supply alternatives, negotiate with suppliers and/or procure service parts for producing factories.
- Initiate repack from mass production packaging to service packaging when contemplated by customer demand or low-to-forecast analysis results.
- Assists with unique material identification as part of End of Life management.
- Evaluates existing master data and arrange updates and corrections as necessary.
- Leads cross-functional review of proposed scrap and manufacturing proposals with SCM, warehouse, customer care, service, purchasing and sales.
- Recommends new master data items to support business operations.
- Documents existing audit procedures.
- Audits material storage locations per established processes and procedures.
- Makes recommendations and improve existing audit processes and procedures.
- Utilizes the System of Record and other data, calculate total standard cost and reserve value of Raw Material and finished goods to prioritize activity.
- Reviews existing processes and procedures looking for continual improvement.
- Documents in detail existing processes looking for gaps and opportunities for continual improvement.
- Manages existing procedures and makes improvements to the process when necessary. Continues to enhance opportunities within consolidation, streamline, and obsolete needs as necessary for the business.
- Follows established guidelines to forecast demand for raw material or finished goods.
- Four-year college degree in management, business, education, operations, industrial or a related field and three (3) years related purchasing/supply chain experience or a minimum of five (5) years related purchasing/supply chain experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced ability in Microsoft Excel or similar software package including mathematical and string formulas, sorting/filtering, and pivot tables.
- Experience with analytical processes required.
- Understands the working level of ERP/MRP systems with a strong preference for SAP.
- Understands Bill of Materials concepts and processes
- Previous supervisory and leadership experience.
- Ability to create meaningful, easy to understand charts and tables to categorize and format data including line charts, bar charts and pie charts.
- Ability to select appropriate data presentation method.
- Ability to select and use appropriate descriptive statistical tools.
- Create easy to understand flowcharts in Visio or similar software packages.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Windows based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.