Responsible for ensuring that all corporate planning activities are well designed, documented, established, and implemented. Creates and manages oversight of a balance between functional excellence and cross-functional process requirements; optimizes departmental processes, measures and manages performance. Gathers information/intelligence, performs analysis, compiles/prepares business reports, and assimilates corresponding recommendations or proposals. Leads activities with management on strategy and key projects related to the company’s business, financial, and/or product planning activities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Responsible for independently researching, gathering, and compiling data, as well as preparing detailed/complex reports, databases, forecasts, and summaries.
- Extensively analyzes internal or external quantitative data and reports, such as results versus budget, results versus plan, sales forecasts, profitability, productivity, project management; product, industry, or market trends; and survey data. Formulates recommendations and/or proposals based on analytical assessment.
- Compiles accurate data on sales, profitability, productivity, project management, and other financial data. Data-mine and conduct analytically assessments to decipher trends, hypotheses, and/or underlying root causes driving change.
- Develops informative and actionable presentation materials, including charts and graphs for meetings and presentations.
- Provides training, instruction and guidance to others in regard to their Planning related responsibilities.
- Works cross-functionally with Product Strategy, Financial Strategy, Engineering, PM, and Sales functions to ensure cohesive company strategy, vision, and mission are being achieved.
- Communicates with internal and external customers, including executives, managers and employees, on local and global level, to gather / disseminate information, and/or establish / monitor action plans.
- Facilitates project, sales, and manager meetings, takes ownership that follow up actions are completed.
- Exhibits a leadership role in creating corporate business plan and mid-term plan in collaboration with all cross-functional groups.
- Finalizes business plan and mid-term plan by getting top management’s authorization to submit to PAS-HQ.
- Proactively reviews and makes improvement recommendations regarding the process to effectively reflect top managements’ policies as well as customer/market status and trends.
- Implements the mid-term plan and business plan to ensure compatibility with AISJ-HQ
- Assists executive management in making day to day decisions. May assist with decisions and communication of various aspects with levels of company management.
- Plans and coordinates special projects, including significant company meetings and may coordinate corporate events with administrative members as needed and as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in business/marketing, finance or a related field plus five (5) years related business/analysis experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Analytical skills to include experience with financial analysis
- Working knowledge of business practices, business planning
- Leadership ability preferred.
- Good overall knowledge of the automotive industry is preferred
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Windows based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.