Responsible for ensuring that all corporate planning activities are well designed, documented, established, and implemented. Creates and manages oversight of a balance between functional excellence and cross-functional process requirements; optimizes departmental processes, measures and manages performance. Leads activities with management on strategy and key projects related to the company’s business, financial, and/or product planning activities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Extensively analyzes internal or external quantitative data and reports, such as results versus budget, results versus plan, sales forecasts, profitability, productivity, project management; product, industry, or market trends; and survey data. Formulates recommendations and/or proposals based on analytical assessment.
- Compiles accurate data on sales, profitability, productivity, project management, and other financial data. Data-mine and conduct analytically assessments to decipher trends, hypotheses, and/or underlying root causes driving change.
- Gathers information/intelligence, performs analysis, compiles/prepares business reports, presentations and charts and assimilates corresponding recommendations or proposals. To include establishing annual KPIs and reporting Process.
- Coordination BP timing and requirements across Executive teams as well as alignment with AISJ and BUs. Support the customer reviews of the data and track changes points along the BP process. Work with the sales team to create a living BP file that incorporates the result and forecast information to assist in annual process.
- Work with the PNA teams (Legal and SCM) to report trade requirements and update PASA Executive management on new legal restrictions. Support ad hoc request on current trade issues such as shift from NAFTA, tariff increases and product classifications. Source of contact at PASA for questions on tariff/trade activities impacting North America
- Provides training, instruction and guidance to others in regard to their Planning related responsibilities.
- Works cross-functionally with Product Strategy, Financial Strategy, Engineering, PM, and Sales functions to understand customer and competitor trends in the automotive environment. Ensures cohesive company strategy, vision, and mission are being achieved.
- Assist in the audit process from licensors for IP usage on PASA models, help setup new programs with IP requirements by working hands on with the PM and Engineering teams and support monthly reporting and tracking processes. Support monthly maintenance of internal IP systems as well as adhoc reporting through Power BI and SAP tools.
- Communicates with internal and external customers, including executives, managers and employees, on local and global level, to gather / disseminate information, and/or establish / monitor action plans.
- Facilitates project, sales, and manager meetings, takes ownership that follow up actions are completed.
- Proactively reviews and makes improvement recommendations regarding the process to effectively reflect top managements’ policies as well as customer/market status and trends.
- Four-year college degree in business/marketing, finance or a related field plus five (5) years related business/analysis experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Analytical skills to include experience with financial analysis
- Working knowledge of business practices including business, financial and strategic planning required
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Good overall knowledge of the automotive industry is preferred
- Knowledge of SAP Preferre
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Windows based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
- Must have the ability to analyze and interpret advanced technical data.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.