- Sprays surfaces of manufactured products, or working area with protective or decorative material, such as paint, using spray gun: Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce desired color, according to specifications, using paddle or mechanical mixer.
- Pours coating liquid into spray container and connects gun to air hose, using wrenches.
- Turns sprayer valves and nozzle to regulate width and pressure of spray according to knowledge of painting technique.
- Pulls trigger and directs spray onto work surface to apply prime or finish coat.
- Coats areas inaccessible to hand sprayer, using brush.
- Cleans spraying equipment and brushes with solvent.
- High school diploma or its equivalent