Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
This position supports value generation sourcing and process improvement initiatives to optimize Panasonic Energy of North America’s (PENA) third party indirect spend categories. The ideal candidate will possess: 1). 3+ years of experience leading strategic sourcing and operational/value generating initiatives 2). knowledge and expertise various indirect categories and 3). the strategic, analytical, and interpersonal skills to act as a change agent.
- Conduct analysis in Excel, Power BI, or sequel querying tools to support procurement activities including spend analytics, budget analysis, bid analysis, etc.
- Leverage spend analytics to identify consolidation opportunities; understand total cost of ownership and cost drivers, analyze product/service specifications to identify rationalization opportunities; analyze demand and spend to identify patterns and reduction opportunities
- Analyze market intelligence to build business cases and should cost models to identify and quantify improvement opportunities for both sourcing and non- sourcing – e.g., demand management, process improvements, insource vs. outsource, etc.
- Develop sourcing strategies based on baseline data, market dynamics and business requirements
- Manage sourcing projects from inception to completion, including development of eRFx and negotiation strategy utilizing best practice sourcing methodology to deliver exceptional total cost value and supply assurance
- Manage the planning and launch of RFx events, executing eAuctions as appropriate, in eSourcing tool
- Build and maintain RFx templates in eSourcing tool
- Provide internal and external user support during RFx process, including coordinating NDAs, supplier training and responses to supplier questions
- Gather requirements and specifications from business and category experts to ensure that proposed solutions meet business needs
- Assess supplier capabilities and identify new sources of supply
- Analyze complex bidding and award scenarios leveraging multi bid analysis model to facilitate fact based supplier selection
- Supports negotiation strategy development and execution. Develop transition plan to new supplier and support implementation
- Review contract terms and work with suppliers, stakeholders, and PNA departments such as Risk Management and Legal to ensure PNA’s terms and conditions are accurately met.
Supplier Relationship Management / Continuous Improvement:
- Work with category managers, suppliers and key stakeholders post projects to manage supplier performance and identify continuous improvement initiatives
- Develop, produce and deliver metrics to all levels of management, thereby ensuring SLAs and/or KPIs are met.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
- Enforce compliance to procurement policies and work to increase adoption
- Track and properly allocate procurement savings and costs to divisional budgets
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant (e.g., Supply Chain, Business, STEM) required.
- MBA and other relevant degree /certification (e.g., ISM CPSM, six sigma) is plus.
- Min 3+ years of relevant experience.
- eSourcing experience is plus.
- Experience with opportunity diagnostic, strategic sourcing, commodity management, supplier management, and contract management
- Ability to lead and influence change in the face of complexity and ambiguity
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, organization, and project management skills
- Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset, proactive and innovative
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Knowledge of technology applications enabling procurement and strategic sourcing
- Self-starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent skills in PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Tableau required
- Highly motivated, flexible, proactive with a continuous improvement mentality
- Thrives in fast paced, goal oriented, dynamic organization with time sensitive deadlines
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management internally and external suppliers.
- Provides timely and effective written and verbal communications relating to simple and complex ideas
- This position may require Travel
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.