Panasonic – Solutions Development Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Solution Evaluation & Development:
- Identify, subscribe to, & participate in professional audio-visual events/trade shows/associations and periodicals in order to understand and evaluate technology trends.
- Understand the industry landscape and collect, analyze, and evaluate potential strategic partners, customer data, and competitive information in order to determine potential Panasonic engagement for solution development.
- Build and capitalize upon appropriate industry partnerships or alliances in order to help facilitate evaluation and testing of potential solutions.
- Conduct solution market research and competitive positioning / pricing analysis.
- Collaborate with aligned business development, sales, and product management in identifying complimentary product/solutions which can be integrated with current and future Panasonic technologies.
- Collaborate with Engineering on integration testing and evaluation of identified solutions for potential deployment within Panasonic portfolio.
- Indirect management of internal resources requiring close communication and coordination with various company individuals and teams such as legal, supply chain, compliance, product and executive management to insure actionable results are achieved, including but not limited to managing the full on-boarding process of alliance partners, software and accessory vendors.
- Collaborate with Business Development Managers to identify potential Verticals & Customers suited to planned solutions. Meet with & solicit feedback from targeted Customers to glean additional market insight and potential upsides/downsides.
- Build business case for approved solutions, including but not exclusive to, potential revenue, profit margins, inventory levels, sales cycles, & support requirements (internal to Panasonic and external).
- Work with US and factory personnel as well as industry customers to identify, prioritize, and build business cases for new product and/or feature development to complement and improve solution integration.
- Continually monitor market demands & feedback relative to in development & launched solutions.
- Individual will have ownership of the approved solutions to create & implement go to market strategies which drive incremental Panasonic revenue, grow market share, and meet company goals & objectives.
- Manage multiple programs within the group, from product conceptualization to solution realization. execution of those plans.
Solution Sales & Support:
- Develop and implement complete go to market strategy for all approved solutions. Including but not exclusive to:
- Price schedules and margin analysis
- Channel programs: Direct, Reseller, and Distributor
- Marketing initiatives: Advertising, Collateral, and Trade Show
- Training: Internal and External
- Post-Sale Support mechanisms and processes
- Manage all aspects of go to market execution to satisfy customer requirements and ensure target profitability. Plan, monitor and manage in order to avoid specification shortfalls, budget overruns, schedule overruns and situations requiring emergency management. Anticipate problems and take timely actions to eliminate or mitigate.
- Ensure solution revenues meet or exceed forecasts, and develop and maintain a tracking process to include revenue, costs, and life cycle management milestones.
- Develop processes and tools that encourage continuous performance improvements. Responsibilities include development of operational processes that improve efficiency and raise customer satisfaction.
- Work with product management, marketing, & any alliance partners to identify and develop beneficial resources – such as sales presentations and collateral pieces – for the sales team and its reseller partners to better attract and close sales opportunities..
- Work with marketing to development and execution of appropriate market messaging, strategies, promotions, and other tactics designed to generate market awareness for launched solutions, produce actionable leads, and grow the pipeline.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on launched solutions with the different stakeholders within the company. Including sales, marketing, product management, engineering and factory.
- Monitor, oversee, and implement any necessary corrective/improvement measures for solution support mechanisms instituted in go to market strategy.
- Independently conduct ongoing analysis of launched solutions in regard to new processes, improvement opportunities, & increase ROI.
- Develop and deliver quarterly “State of the Solution” reports to all appropriate company stakeholders.
- Effectively manage all responsible administrative duties and reporting.
- Review, support, & report on solutions relative to pipeline and opportunity data, sales forecasting, & inventory.
- Lead scheduled conference calls, meetings and follow-up actions with engineering, sales & executive management, customers, & alliance partners.
- Additional reporting on activities, vertical news, technology, information, and various headquarter requests.
- Monitor & achieve assigned KGI/KPI’s.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar related field preferred.
- Strong business background, with significant client interface experience and exposure to business development
- 4-6+ years’ experience Product Management and/or Business Development in visual communication industry related to commercial grade Video, Projection, & Display technologies and managed services.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing & product development life-cycle.
- Solid understanding of system development, testing, and integration methodologies.
- Knowledge of current and emerging Broadcast, AV, & IT products, services, and processes.
- Project Management experience preferred
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- CRM software including customer contact, sales pipeline and opportunity data management (Salesforce preferred).
- Travel up to 50% of time, some weekend work, hours of work may vary due to business travel, customer availability and trade show involvement.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.