Panasonic – Software/Electronic Engineer (or Associate Software/Electronic Engineer)
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Develop software for the web interface of PBL laser devices.
- Work in close collaboration with the supervisor Help maintain and update software in currently installed laser systems in Japan Develop software for current and future PBL research projects.
- Help our laboratory engineers writing custom software for a wide variety of applications Collaborate with other engineers in testing and debugging custom electronics and integration with optical and mechanical parts.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- For Associate Engineer position - Prefer B.S. degree in engineering (software/electronics/other sciences). Other types of education may be taken in consideration. For Engineer position B.S. degree in engineering (software/electronics/other sciences) with 2+ years of industrial experience.
- Prefer M.S. degree in engineering (software/electronics/other sciences).
- Experience in project management tools and other applications (git, versioning, deployments tracking)
- Familiarity with Linux environments Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong ability to test and debug solutions working in collaboration with other engineers in a truly multidisciplinary environment
- Comfort in working up and across the multi-culture organization – working with executive staff within and across the organization.
- Ability to resolve complex problems effectively.
- Regularly document work both in source code and other documents including diagrams, algorithm explanations, etc.
- Ability to quickly create and modify presentation materials.
- Ability to establish plans, monitor and report on program/project status.
- Ability to work accurately under time pressures; ability to work independently in an environment with frequently changing project needs.
- Written and verbal communications skills. (in English). Japanese is a plus.
- Ability to clearly and regularly communicate status, issues, and risks to supervisors.
- Travel international occasionally
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.