Performs audits and tests of software products in accordance with software test plans and procedures.
Verify and validate software system functionality
- Read and execute functional test cases and evaluate results against pass/fail criteria as outlined in the test documentation (e.g. ATP and IATP document).
- Record both pass and failed test steps on a hard copy of the test documentation or electronically (via MS application or IBM DOORS application).
- Annotate any failed functional tests with a detailed description of the steps to accomplish the failure.
- Perform “ad hoc” or “impromptu” type functional tests to supplement any written tests. The documenting of any failures is expected to be done in the same manner as described above.
- Utilize available bug tracking tools to document any issues encountered during testing as described above.
- Provide daily status of test results to both the direct supervisor and management.
- Develop a working knowledge of the IFE and GCS systems as to allow for more comprehensive testing and coverage.
Perform additional troubleshooting and data gathering when requested.
- When issues are encountered during testing or when attempting to duplicate a previously identified issue, perform additional test scenarios and collect software log files that will be provided to the appropriate engineering teams for analysis.
Coordinate daily testing activities with the direct supervisor or manager.
- Ensure that project assignments are discussed and understood at the beginning of each shift.
- When assigned tasks are completed, the direct supervisor or manager is notified immediately of this completion so that next task can begin.
Properly document and record time charging activities
- Ensure that the corresponding task and time charged against the task are properly recorded.
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office applications and Linux operating systems.
- Requires minimal skills and expertise in troubleshooting.
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Learns to use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment.
- Normally follows established procedures on routine work; requires instructions only on new assignments.
- AA degree in Electronics or equivalent.
- 0 - 3 years of related software testing experience.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
***Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.