Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Responsible for providing guidance in the development, test, release, and integration efforts of software and hardware associated activities. Has specific technical project or product responsibility.
- Focal point for software development, integration, and problem investigation for all assigned equipment.
- Hardware and software integration of new and/or existing systems, functions and LRUs designed by the Development Engineering and the S/W Development groups.
- Oversee and lead test, integration, and regression testing activities for assigned LRU and system functionality. Provide technical direction to members of assigned work teams.
- Ensure all testing is properly documented, reviewed, and
- Responsible for the integration and maintenance of a test rack configuration with regards to the systems installation.
- Participate in the design, development, and requirements reviews for the
- Create test procedures based-on system requirements and/or design
- Oversee Troubleshooting and analyze root cause of any system anomalies/discrepancies in hardware and/or software.
- Develop Automation Testing through scripting and internal tools
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or
- Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years' of experience in software/system engineering development and/or software/hardware testing.
- IFE and/or Avionics industry related experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with basic avionics interfaces.
- Familiarity with QML, QT Plugins
- Strong technical background in software development lifecycle.
- Knowledgeable in standard test practices and methodologies.
- Familiarity with any database language a plus.
- Strong background and understanding of Windows and Linux OS. Foundational knowledge of administrator capabilities and command language for Linux is desired.
- Highly proficient in project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies across multiple functions.
- Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel.
- May provide guidance to other technical positions. Ability to provide technical direction to assigned project teams and perform as a technical expert and a source of information.
- Demonstrated experience providing identifiable contributions to the success of a specific product/project.
- Work on problems of moderate to diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Proficient with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
- Use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent writing and strong communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in person and on the phone.
- Develops solutions to clearly defined problems of moderate to diverse scope. Analysis involves selecting the best alternative method or process from among several existing alternatives or based on evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Possess one or more of the following:
- Experience in embedded software development testing.
- Experience with working in real-time operating system environments.
- Aircraft engineering or avionics industry related experience.
- Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Majority of time spent at test rack (75%) which includes standing, lifting, bending, twisting and stooping.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.