This position will be onsite at our new offices in Irvine, CA near John Wayne airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Responsible for providing guidance in the development, test, release, and integration efforts of software and hardware associated activities. Has specific technical project or product responsibility.
Leadership (Teaching/Mentoring, Research Skills, Deductive reasoning, Critical Thinking, Time Management, Multitasking, Progress Monitoring, Testing Advocacy, Customer Advocacy, Process improvement)
- Assist team lead in providing status reports.
Communication (Social Skills, Diplomacy, Writing/Presentation Skills, feedback/escalation)
- Create training module and host training sessions
Coordinates feature discussion meetings for an assigned project in which a given feature is impacted.
- Interprets detailed user stories from passenger and crew perspectives for multiple features and applications in an agile development environment
Provide feedback in retrospectives and lessons learned discussions at the end of a project.
- Basic planning, project management, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to integrate customer insights and requirements.
Defect Management, Planning & Documentation (test plan, defect Management, root cause analysis, risk management, project management, DB peer review, issue traceability)
- Proficient in creating a detail test plan with proper links to requirements.
- Conducting in-depth troubleshooting and analyze root cause of any system.
- Proficiency at identifying and communicating defects in a manner that most effectively and efficiently gets the defect addressed, whether it is being fixed, closed as not an issue, or deferred.
- An engineer at this level should document clear, concise, and relevant steps to reproduce the bug as well as relevant information for context of why this bug matters.
- The engineer will with increasing level of proficiency identify and be able to defend the proper priority and severity for every defect report they create, whether in writing or verbally.
Integration & Testing (Black/White box technique, automation, troubleshooting, rack setup and maintenance, integration, DB creation/update)
- Proficient understanding of software integration and can troubleshoot most issues in assigned area
- Proficient in rack maintenance and can setup racks base on drawing
- Proficient in releasing content, database, and/or software components
- Participate in the design and development of IFE system functionality
What we’re looking for:
- Familiarity with basic avionics interfaces
- Familiar issues tracking tools like JIRA
- Familiar with requirement tools like JAMA
- Proven experience and delivery success as a test engineer in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience in releasing software components
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to works on software issues
- Strong Analytical for technical and functional document review. Take actions based on review results.
- Proven experience developing solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity, innovation, and creativity.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Technical background in development and test
- Solid background and understanding of Unix and Linux OS
- Experience in embedded software development testing
- 3+ years’ experience in software/system engineering development and/or software/hardware testing
- Familiar with Windows, Linux, SQL, HTML, MS Office, MS Project, workflow, and tracking tool
- Highly Desirable
- Working knowledge of JAMA, Jira, Confluence, and automation test tools
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Software development experience
- Aircraft engineering or avionics industry experience
- Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Majority of time spent at test rack (75%) which includes standing, lifting, bending, twisting and stooping.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we Offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off:
- Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees.
- Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure.
- All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI).
- Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family.
- Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.