Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Assist in the development, testing, integration, and release efforts of software and hardware associated activities.
- Hardware and software integration of new and/or existing systems, functions and LRUs designed by the Development Engineering and the Software Development groups.
- Integration test of LRU and system functionality.
- Ensure all testing is properly documented and traced to the requirements.
- Coordinate activities for systems development, integration, test, and software/hardware release.
- Responsible for the integration and maintenance of a test rack configuration with regards to the systems installation.
- Software and system testing of all In-flight Entertainment (IFE) and/or Global Communication System (GCS) functionality for existing and new systems.
- Participate in the design and development of all IFE and/or GCS system functionality.
- Participate in all efforts in the testing and regression testing of software phase releases.
- Perform manual and automated testing.
- Assist and support all engineering efforts company-wide as required.
- Develop test plans and procedures to validate system requirements.
- Troubleshoot problems reported for all Panasonic Avionics IFE and GCS products.
- Focal for software development, integration and problem investigation for all assigned equipment and systems.
- Conduct in-depth troubleshooting and analyze root cause of any system anomalies/discrepancies in hardware and/or software.
- Provide solutions and recommendations to project lead.
- Will be communicating with the customers (external or internal) as required.
What we're looking for:
- A strong technical background in software development and/or testing.
- Solid background and understanding of Unix and Linux OS. Familiarity of systems administrator capabilities and command language for Linux is preferred.
- Good understanding of Computer Networks.
- Proficient in project planning and ability to plan for internal and/or external dependencies.
- Knowledgeable with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience working in Waterfall and/or Agile/Scrum environment.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle management defect tracking systems like JIRA, Synergy, ClearQuest etc..
- Uses professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Uses clearly demonstrable skills as an experienced professional within System and/or Embedded Software Testing.
- Must be capable of clearly identifiable contributions to the success of a product or project.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Possess one or more of the following:
- Experience with telephony, cell modem, wireless communication, SATCOM, Ethernet networks and ARINC protocols.
- Experience in embedded software development testing.
- Experience with working in real-time operating system environments.
- Aircraft engineering or avionics industry related experience.
- Excellent writing and strong communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in person and on the phone.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 3-6 years’ of experience in software/system engineering development and/or software/hardware testing.
- IFE and/or Avionics industry-related experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Majority of time spent at test rack (75%) which includes standing, lifting, bending, twisting and stooping.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off:
- Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees.
- Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure.
- All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI).
- Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family.
- Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.