Panasonic – Software Test Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
We are looking for a Software Test/QA Engineer with experience in software & hardware testing and troubleshooting. As a Software Test/QA Engineer, you are responsible for designing, implementing and documenting quality assurance testing to ensure that products work efficiently and are able to withstand the rigors of use. You must document down the issues and prepare reports with the development team and management team. You should be familiar with software testing methodologies and be able to conduct testing manually or write automation testing cases for different types of applications (web application, mobile phone application, and system APIs, etc.). You may be involved into verification of our customized Android OS version updates used by our projects as well. Since our solution is closed related with our hardware, certain knowledge on the protocols used in communication and HVAC such as Modibus, BACnet are required to trouble shoot software and hardware communication issues. In addition, you will be responsible to receive issue escalations from field engineers, analyses/investigate/prioritize the cause of issues, work closely with development team to deliver a solution in a timely manner. You will work with the engineering team to provide solution development assistance for our solutions in the food retail vertical, such as creating solutions demos, writing operation manuals, testing new hardware and ideas, etc. This candidate will need to be located in Newark, NJ area.
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Collaborate with other members to develop effective strategies, procedures and testing plans
- Conduct pre-release and post-release testing and help troubleshoot issues in fields, manage and maintain automation testing scripts, the testing will not only include web applications, mobile phone or tablet applications, but include our system’s APIs as well.
- Document testing results and provide resting reports, make production improvement suggestions
- Translation and development of documentation for software development documents
- Research competitor offerings and develop automated testing utilities
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Fluent in English and Chinese
- Familiar with different testing strategies and methodologies
- At least one REST API testing tool like SoapUI, Postman or others
- Demonstrated experience on web application and Android application testing
- Demonstrated experience working in a test-driven design, development and agile environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with other teams within an organization such as Software Development, Product Management and Technical support
- Demonstrated problem solving skills for Software or Software and Hardware integration issues
- Knowledge on Modibus, BACNet, MQTT protocols
- Ability to dive deep on technical issues with developers and escalate
- Ability to work independently and the initiative to meet project milestones
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional groups
- Maintain a professional manner at all time
- Detail oriented in work
- Knowledge and experience in food retail is a plus
- Web development and Android development experience is a plus
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.