Directs and coordinates activities of the software engineering department to design, manufacture, and test electronic components, products, and systems either personally or through subordinates.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Responsible to develop, modify and maintain software for automotive applications using software engineering best practices and standards and participate in the full life-cycle of software development.
- Help product planning team in creating technical internal roadmap and product plan to ensure readiness for business opportunities in audio product and software activities.
- Identifies drive inclusion of appropriate new audio technologies into updated product plans and/or collaboratively translate to PASA business opportunities. Completes business case studies with a focus on business growth and ROI (Return on investment) in conjunction with Product Planning and the Business Unit.
- Works with the product development team to understand product requirements, plan and coordinate development activities, obtain the resources needed for development, ensure software deliveries are met and meet budget, timing, and quality targets.
- Monitors progress of each assigned program/project against the overall plan and acts with urgency to notify leadership of any issues that require resolution.
- Drives to the root cause of lagging programs/projects and works with other management teams to define the appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Leads and/or participates in meetings between PASA, its suppliers, and customers to develop/review software team outputs.
- Evaluates new software releases from suppliers to ensure it meets the acceptance criteria.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and methods for the purpose of recommending changes that will benefit current and future customer programs.
- Manages staff including supervision, counseling, performance standards and review, discipline and employee development.
- Responsible for the management of information security as part of the normal management of the business. Must cooperate with the Company ISM professionals in implementing the information security policies within the Company, and ensures that information is handled in compliance with the Global ISM related regulations.
- Four-year college degree in Software, Electrical, Computer Engineering and a minimum of ten (10) years of full lifecycle embedded software development experience in a relevant product design. Minimum five (5) years leading a team of software engineers with a formal development process such as Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, or Extreme Programming.
- Must have a strong technical background in software development, including C/C++, software requirements and software design experience. Specific experience in actual design of software for automotive components is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management, CMMI or Automotive Spice, Agile, Extreme Programming and FMEA.
- Must have experience with at least two of the following: HMI (Human Machine Interface), Voice Recognition, SOC (Systems on Chip), Tuner DSP (Digital Signal Processing), OS/BSP (Board Support Package), BT (BlueTooth)/Wifi Standards/Stacks, AVB (Audio Video Broadcasting), Android/Linux, Open Source or Application development.
- Must have the ability to learn computer applications as necessary for the position.
- Must successfully complete any training or certification courses required to support or strengthen position.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Windows-based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
- Must have the ability to read, interpret, and follow verbal and written instructions, work procedures and other related materials.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.