Panasonic Connect - Software Engineering Supervisor
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
PCNA-PA combined expertise in manufacturing, producing world class equipment, engineering and consultancy solutions, and technical support drive productivity without rival.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Identify new areas of growth in other domains and related industries and explore opportunities for synergy by leveraging existing software architecture in fulfilling the needs for automation of that industry domain.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop new products
- Lead research and development projects that produce new designs, products, and processes
- Work on extensions of existing products
- Suggest and implement improvements on current products
- Resolve issues proactively to deliver high quality products
- Supervising internal and external software developers including contractors
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Candidate must have at least 5 to 10 years of proven experience working through the design, development, release cycle delivering product to market.
- Experience managing others for at least 4 years preferred
- Candidate should have large or enterprise application development experience
- Strong understanding of the Product Development lifecycle.
- Strong time management, and problem solving skills.
- Candidate should be able to manage, evaluate, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills in engaging global cross functional technical teams
- A proven record for successful delivery of software systems in a similar role.
- Ability and willingness to dive into software and technical issues during design and development stages as well as during troubleshooting of customer issues.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with strong product and program management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Travel with US and international 25 percent
Requirements and Skills:
- Proven work experience as an Engineering Manager or similar role
- Analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems
- Communication skills for overseeing staff and working with other management personnel
- Detail oriented with the ability to catch minor errors which can result in major problems
- Math skills, including calculus and other advanced mathematics
- Organizational skills for keeping track of various budgets, employees, and schedules simultaneously
- Strong Object Oriented Programming and Development skills
- Hands on of algorithm complexities and design patterns and multi threading
- Strong TCP or IP communication background at socket level with protocol design skills
- Solid understanding and experience of POSIX interfaces, UNIX processes, networking, multi threaded programming.
- In depth understanding in IPC utilities such as Semaphores, Shared Memory, Pipes, etc.
- Shell scripting
- Basic knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Solid understanding of development, testing and integration methodologies
- Knowledge of current and emerging IT products, services, and processes.
- Broad understanding of programming logic concepts and application analysis and design techniques.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and priorities.
- Strong analytical thinking skills.
- Good planning, organizing, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Thorough with careful attention to detail.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.