Panasonic – Cloud Software Engineering Manager
Does the idea of working at the intersection of next gen software innovation, advanced data analytics, and consumer-experience design excite you? Do you thrive in a team that focuses on solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to build new products focused on democratizing connected vehicle data to improve roadway safety and help save lives? Then apply now and come be a part of the amazing team creating an intelligent digital mesh for the future of the mobility ecosystem!
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
As a Cloud Software Engineering Manager, you will collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, creatives, and product owners to support the team, development, and technical objectives for the software that is powering the next generation of traffic management solutions.
- Manage a team of 4-6 engineers and meet regularly through 1:1’s
- Provide specific, actionable feedback to promote personal and professional growth and development
- Set the technical direction for the team in partnership with your manager
- Support your team by enabling them to do their best work
- Develop a strong sense of autonomy and ownership amongst those on your team
- Hire new engineers for your team by collaborating with recruiters, other team members, and key stakeholders
- Collaborate with Engineering Managers on other teams to share, learn, and define best practices
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience coaching engineers on a distributed team, with or without direct reporting responsibility
- Passion for promoting good engineering practices and high quality standards
- Obsession with user experience, human-centered design, and design thinking
- Experience with agile methodology and a bias for action
- We’re passionate about growth and achieving what no one else thought was possible, so even if you don’t meet every qualification but think you can be successful, we encourage you to apply and tell us about how you can contribute to that vision.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package - The pay for this position is expected to start at $157,000 per year or higher, based on qualifications. This position will be eligible for an annual target bonus of 20% based on individual and company performance
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.