Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. to construct a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role in the Gigafactory will be to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells and based on the battery demand from TESLA, the Gigafactory is planned to produce cells which will double the world’s current production!
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, high quality and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
Are you creative and innovative? Do you thrive on providing superior customer service? Our ideal candidate will contribute with passion and proven IT expertise to stand up and sustain a manufacturing systems infrastructure in a facility that is the first of its kind.Job Purpose
In this role, you will serve as a technical expert in the areas of software development and programming related to manufacturing systems. You will be responsible for the design, documentation, coding, unit testing, systems testing, and deployment of web and software applications. You will work closely with other developers, analysts, and leadership to obtain regular feedback on design and development. You will also provide periodic operational support and maintenance of the manufacturing system.Primary Role and Responsibilities
Software Development/Programming – 80%
- Design, improve, test and maintain high-availability, low-latency applications related to the manufacturing process.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues in a timely manner related to enterprise manufacturing software and internal web applications.
- Writes reusable, testable and efficient code in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Makes recommendations which yield improved performance and a more cost-effective product with elegant user interfaces.
- Effectively prepare and maintain detailed documents related to application requirements, architecture, design, code, algorithms, interfaces, end user manuals.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of the software.
- Collaborates with systems analysts to fully understand requirements and add technical details to ensure designed and developed solutions meet overall goals.
- Keeps up with industry trends, and brings new ideas and innovative solutions.
Application Analysis – 20%
- Perform application troubleshooting as related to manufacturing process.
- Analyze and evaluate logs for any services to determine possible problems.
- Trains technical and non-technical staff in how to use new software and hardware.
- Ensure compliance to all Panasonic policy and procedures including SOX compliance.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or similar discipline, and/or equivalent related work experience.
- Ideal candidates will have 3+ years of hands-on experience in an agile software development environment.
- Database and SQL experience is required – NoSQL such as MongoDB, PostgreSQL, PL/SQL and Oracle 11g preferred.
- Familiar with modern software and devops best practices and systems such as unit and integration testing, CI/CD, scaling applications, deployments using docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs is desirable.
- Prior use of Node.js, a front-end framework, such as React, and a message-broker system such as Apache Kafka is preferred but not required.
- Experience with cloud computing services such as AWS or Azure is preferred.
- Ability to learn new technologies, adapt to changing requirements and balance time across multiple projects.
- Prior manufacturing and/or SAP experience is desirable.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information; effectively train/advise users on information technology issues; prepare written documentation in a clear and concise style.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment and take the initiative to learn new tools and concepts quickly.
- Creative thinker with attention to detail; strong analytical, multitasking, and interpersonal skills
- Approachable and adaptable; this is a start-up where priorities are constantly changing.
- Must be able to wear personal protective gear correctly most of the day and can lift 30-pounds regularly.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.